1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook coming out? (kiiind of.)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by notquitebutch, Aug 15, 2009.

1. notquitebutch

Well, if anyone saw my other support thread, I'm moving to a new town, and starting in a new highschool (I'm entering my Junior year). I want to be out there, since I'm really over this whole "hiding" thing, so I'm going to act as if I've been out my whole life, and just be very casual about it.

This isn't exactly a coming out (is it?) but in an attempt to show who I really am, I've been gay-ing out my facebook. I've become a fan of the GSA page and some other things like that, and I'm updating my favorite movies to include ALL of my favorites... Tipping the velvet, better than chocolate... yeah. (Well, okay, I'm leaving out the incredibly true adventure of 2 girls in love, but.)

Of course people won't know those movies unless they look it up, but, if they do, they're going to see that they're lesbian movies, and with a combination of that, the groups, and some other things, it's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that I'm a huge lesbian :'D

So yeah. Nothing huge, but I'm nervous so I'm posting :B

2. Beachboi92

sounds cool to me :slight_smile: it is the perfect opportunity to be out from the get go and will prob make things a lot more comfortable when you get there just cause you can be more open and urself. I'd say go for it and i wish i had your courage xD

3. notquitebutch

Thank you! My mouse has been hovering over "Save Changes" for like 20 minutes XD I willll click it. I will.

I'm so tempted to put this in my favorite quotes;
    "Another life saved by girl-on-girl action." ~House

Ahaha. But I think it's too soon.

4. Beachboi92

i'd say go for it haha that would be the most amazing thing ever xD besides you don't need to be gay to like that quote :grin: hahaha

5. silentsound

go for it! Trust someone who has moved waaaay too much in her life- this is the perfect chance to reinvent yourself! I hope everything goes well for you xD

6. notquitebutch

Thank you! I'm leaving in 10 days (It still hasn't hit me!) so I'm really excited to have a new start on things. Hopefully everything goes well! (and maybe I can meet a girl? ahah)

7. No One

are you out to your parents?

8. Mike J

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yaay :slight_smile: I'm also "starting new" when I go to college in a couple weeks. I'm going to try the "act casual as though I've always been out" thing as well to bypass the horrid coming out.

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are two things to consider first.

1. Like No One asked, are you out to your parents? Even moving to a new town, someone at your school could tell their parents, and then they'd tell their parents and it would eventually get to yours.

and 2. How liberal or conservative is your town, because frankly yes hiding sucks, but if you could get beaten up or hurt by FAcebook outing yourself, it's better to stay hidden. So just really make sure you're aware of this.

10. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

well first off: good luck. i recently changed my "interested in" status to men and women. starting at a new high school too! well kinda. cuz i used to go to public school, but switched to a private school for middle school and am going back to high school with all the kids from my elementary school. so this should be interesting. second of all: i noticed you were from jersey and i had to have some jersey pride :grin: