1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my MUM!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mugwump, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Mugwump

I just came out to my Mum. It was amazing!! Basically... I went out for dinner with her tonight, and was thinking I could tell her then. But the dinner ended up being rushed and I didn't get to it. I spoke to her on the phone tonight, and I just had to say it. It felt like it was time. Ideally I wouldn't have done it on the phone, but it's just how it happened. We spoke for over an hour (on mobile phones... oops!). I started by telling her that there was something I wanted to say (which she already kinda knew). Strangely enough, when I asked her what she thought it might be, she said "I dunno, you're a lesbian?" HAHA! I actually said "no" to that, because I was so surprised. But then later on when I finally decided to tell her, I was able to say, "well you were kinda on the right track before..." She didn't actually expect it, I think it was a coincidence that she asked that question. Anyway, she didn't want to hang up. She was SO HAPPY! It was odd. She was so glad that I told her, and she said that she just wanted me to be happy. It meant so much to her that I could share it with her. I made it clear that I was still a bit confused about my sexuality, and that's why I had been worried about telling her. It was all fine. She said she doesn't care if I tell her and then come home with a boyfried one day. So yeah... wow, long post sorry (and very muddle, like my thoughts right now!). But it's great. I feel very happy about it.

Thanks if you read this far (or even if you just read the title and wrote 'congrats' - lol)

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww congratulations thats fantastic, that calls for some of these (!) (!) (!!) (!) (!) and some of these (*hug*) (*hug*) (*hug*)

3. Jim1454

I'm thrilled that your mom was so supportive. If only all parents could react that way.

4. Holmes

Read your whole post, and congratulations! It is a nice feeling when they're fine with it. My parents also told me that if I later told them I had a girlfriend, that would be fine too, though they didn't expect it as I had firmly told them I was gay, it was just their way of saying that they didn't mind as long as I was happy.

I think parents can know that if we start saying "There's something I have to tell you", it could well be this, or something of this nature. My father said that he thought that's what it was when I said it, even though they both said that it hadn't crossed their mind until that day. Either that, or that I was telling them my sister was pregnant.

Anyway, that's me babbling on. Point is, I'm glad it went well. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

5. Mickey

That's a great story. I love it when people, (especially parents) are so accepting.
    Congratulations! Your mom sounds like aces!

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congratulations...you have a great Mom! :slight_smile:

7. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

:thumbsup: Congrats! I wish my mom could've been happier for me !!! Congratz!!!! (!)(*hug*):eusa_danc

8. PJ James

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (&&&) congrats! :thumbsup:

9. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations again Jess :slight_smile:

10. Mugwump

Thanks people :grin:

11. techie01

Congratulations! Parents wishing happiness to their children in any form makes me happy :slight_smile: Congratulations again!

12. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh dats awesome!
    congratz!:eusa_clap
    ur lucky to have such a supportive mom. Im glad coming out experience was nuthing but joyful! :icon_bigg

13. BayeBorde

BayeBorde Guest

thats awsome, good job,ur moms too cool...u deserve a hi-5 and a cookie for that

14. napoleonri85

napoleonri85 Guest

That's fantastic! I can only wish my mom has the same response when I finally feel comfortable enough to come out to her. Congrats congrats :slight_smile:

15. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's awesome that your mum was/is so supportive. Congratulations on coming out to her!

16. werekid

way to go i am happy for you