1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Coming Out Story x4

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by George1, Jul 26, 2007.

1. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok so in the past couple of days I came out to four people in real life (6 online friends have known for a while lol).

Ok the first guy I came out to was my best friend. He's somewhat homophobic.
    So I tell him, and he was a little weird for a few mins and then afterwards we were all friendly again. But the next day... He had insulted me so horribly. He was calling me things like 'wrong' and 'unnatural' and a few things I just don't want to repeat.
    Basically... I hit the @$$#0l3 in the face.
    That night we were talking via IM and his views on gays have been screwed up by his super religious parents. o(i_i)o He reckons that we CHOOSE our sexuality and can change it whenever we feel like it.

So that night I decided to tell my brother. He's fine with it luckilly. o(^_^)o So nothing needs to be said there...

The next day I told a good friend of mine who is gay also, and he understands and all. We were talking about... Uh... Things... For 40 mins lol. Turns out he's not a virgin. :confused: And he's even younger than me.

And that night... I told my mum. This is where it goes all pear-shaped. o(>_<)o She started asking all these questions, going on about how much of a crap life it is to be gay (gay bashers and all the rest), and she just wouldn't leave me alone!!! :tantrum:
    And she's totally in denial... She reckons that I'm just 'confused' and will be straight in the end.
    o(@.@)o And she was asking things like "Do you WANT to have that sort of lifestyle?"

:bang: I swear I'm going to walk out of my screwed up family if my parents give me hell for who I am.

2. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    It's possible your friend went home and told his very religious parents about you being gay and that is what caused the turnaround. The words that he used sound just like what would come from that type of persons' mouth.

Your mom is in denial. She is afraid of what might happen to you and that is a normal reaction. It would help if she could talk to another parent of a gay child. Do you know anybody that could do this? If she uses the computer, I'd be happy to talk with her.

3. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I don't think so. Because he always bags gays. He insults guys for being gay but likes girls for being bi or lesbian. *rolls eyes*
    Anyway, he didn't have a clue that people don't choose their orientation, which explains why he's all "wtf" to the concept of guy on guy.
    That and he's been raised up a gay basher. (not a physical one)

Thankfully he's still a good friend... Enough to keep it a secret from anyone (even his family and the teachers at school (even high up ones) when they wanted to know about the 'punching' incident)

And of course my mother is in denial. I even pointed it out to her in the car lol.
    She apparently was doing some 'research' about this... And still thinks I'm just confused.

And that would be awesome if you could talk to her, but I must admit I'm a little skeptical of how she would take it... So for now I'll decline that offer. =) Hopefully she'll come to her senses soon..

4. CrimsonThunder

You're a tough boy George <3 And I'm proud of you. =)

We can only wait and let it sink in to your mum for now, eventually she'll come to terms with whats happening. Just keep being yourself and talk about it with her as well, if you stop talking about it she might think you've finished with the 'phase'.

5. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *huggles up to Tommy*

Thanks. o(^-^)o
    Right now I don't feel comfortable talking about it... So I'm just going to wait until I have a boyfriend until I discuss it any further with her.

6. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I'm sorry about your friend. Try giving him this speech the next time he gives you :***: about it being a choice.

"Why would I choose to be something that could get me beat up in school, kicked out by my parents, fired from my job, rejected by my friends, ostracized by religion, killed for holding hands with my partner, and hated by ignorant jerks like your parents?

You don't have to remember all that, but I'm sure you get the idea.

He'll probably try to retort, so be ready for that too. Here are some possibilities:

Him: I don't know why you'd choose something like that!
    You: Neither do I. Did it ever occur to you that it's not a choice?

Him: You tell me.
    You: Alright, I'll tell you: I didn't choose to be gay. I was born that way.

Him: Because girls love gay guys. (Yes, he may say this.)
    You: (Sarcastically) Oh yeah. I'd pretend to be gay and totally screw over my life just to get women to like me.

As for your mother, just give her time. I'd be interested in seeing the "research" she talked about. If you've been attracted to guys multiple times, there's almost no chance you'll turn out straight in the end, which, believe me, is not a bad thing. One contributing factor to her doubt may be your age. A lot of kids get "confused" at your age, and some do turn out to be straight. If you don't think you're one of them, then just be honest with your mother when she asks you questions about your homosexuality. If she ever tries to do something to "make" you straight, decline politely but forcefully.

7. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for that Gamer_am_I!

I'm going to discuss it with that script idea tomorrow. o(>_<)o

8. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

You're welcome. By the way, it's not Gamer_am_I; it's Gamer am I. :icon_wink