1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally Came Out Last Night

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by napoleonri85, Aug 30, 2009.

1. napoleonri85

napoleonri85 Guest

I've been friends with my best friend since we were in middle school...so it's been about ten years now that we've known each other. I've always suspected that she thought I was gay but we never really brought the issue up.

This summer, I finally came to terms with my sexuality. It's always been an internal struggle. I always fought the feelings and was living in denial. I'm starting a new chapter of my life (recently graduated college and entered the workforce) and decided it was time to accept the fact that I'm gay. I've already been through quite a lot for someone my age, but this has been the toughest struggle I've faced.

This week was the breaking point - I needed to get it out of my system. I decided it was time to come out and tell my best friend. I just needed to determine when the time was right - it all came together last night. Since we're both working full-time now, we don't get to see each other as often as we use to. We planned to get together this weekend and I decided to bring her out to dinner. On the way home, I knew it was the right time. I took a deep breath and let it loose.

She was much more supportive than I had imagined! She was totally shocked at first. I was kind of taken back by that because I had always thought she suspected it. She had no idea.

What a sense of relief! I've been living in a state of fear and confusion all summer. Last week was the boiling point - I was making myself sick worrying about it and even loss my appetite. Today, I woke up a new person. I feel so much better. This experience wouldn't have been possible without the support of this forum. All of your stories have been inspiring and I don't feel as though I'm alone anymore.

Thank you Thank you! :slight_smile:

2. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to yourself and to your best friend. That's a big step done. And I'm glad that she was supportive. :slight_smile:

3. RaRa

Congrats! =)

4. napoleonri85

napoleonri85 Guest

Thanks (&&&) Reading this forum has definitely been a huge help over the past few days. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this site!!

5. acorn7

I'm so glad Empty Closets could help you :slight_smile: It did so much for me too. Congratulations :grin:

6. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

Congrats! I am glad that you had support in your best friend and that you are working through your struggles ! CONGRATS!!

7. Alex19

kudos! (!)

8. napoleonri85

napoleonri85 Guest

Thanks everyone (&&&)

9. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people