1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cats out the bag

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by shorty, Aug 31, 2009.

1. shorty

I really can't believe I just did it, but I just sent an email to my best old girl friend telling her i'm gay. Oh shit, this should be interesting.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congrats on coming out. I hope all goes well for you. You've taken a big step and you should be proud of yourself.
    (*hug*)

3. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile:

4. JakeBHT

nice one!

5. RaRa

Congrats! =)

6. shorty

Well, its the harsh light of morning, and I have a hangover. She sent back an email asking if I was joking. (me and all my old mates are all jokers, we don't take much seriously) but if I wasn't joking, then she will be there for me. So I feel pretty good this morning I suppose. Still kindof shell shocked, but good.

This website should come with a warning. "So much love and understanding inside, if you enter, you will leave a changed person!" :slight_smile: Seriously, I NEVER thought I would work up the courage to do this.

7. Fiender

Why did you put the cat into the bag in the first place? That seems like a rather cruel thing to do an itteh bitteh kitteh...

In all seriousness, congratulations!

8. shorty

Just talked to her on the phone. She's very uncomfortable with it, but supporting. Says she'll ring back later. I couldn't say much due to fear of bawling my eyes out if I started talking too much.

9. fallendream

you can leave? oh shit. bye people =D

anyway, gratz.

10. dude99

dude99 Guest

sorry about that. Anyway comming out is never easy, and there is no easy way at it and I admire your courage. Anyway today I told a friend face to face I am gay and its the first time I told someone face to face to a straight friend about it without sending an email or text to her. She took it well.

11. maz10

Congrats dont think I would have been able to do it :slight_smile:

12. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to her. Well done! Sometimes it takes a while for a person to start feeling comfortable with everything. But not to worry, she is supporting and has accepted it. As you keep talking with her and show her that you are still the same person, I'm sure she'll become comfortable with it in no time!

13. shorty

Just had a three hour conversation with her. And it was fucking awesome. We reconnected, and shared our feelings about each other. We have been friends for about 18 years now, and always had a very emotional bond.(if I wasn't gay, I would have married her, and told her so. She expressed her feelings for me) We talked about so much shit, and she was pretty cool about me being gay. I don't think she is still totally convinced, seeing as I had to admit that I haven't actually done anything with a guy yet. But she poked fun at me, and me at her, and the conversation rolled like old times but even more intimately than ever. Feeling happy after an initial feeling of "oh shit, I dont think I should have done that" :slight_smile:

14. endless poetry

15. Jim1454

That's just awesome! Congrats!

And I love this statement!

It's SOOOO true! Having been here for over 2 years, I've seen so many people join with the belief that they'd likely NEVER come out to anyone, and before you know it, they're out to everyone! It's awesome! (!)

16. shorty

Absolutely! There are so many amazing stories here, and so much courage and support that it's just unbelievable. Thanks guys. :kiss: