1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racism

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RainInAfrica, Sep 1, 2009.

1. RainInAfrica

I came out to my friend. He didn't react and then brought it back to him being discrimainated against :eek: Wtf like ?

2. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

he probably just didnt know what to say. one of my friends i told basically said, "hm really? how do you know?" and then went back to telling me about her cousins from california and how she had to babysit them while her parents went out. i was like ummm no more questions?? but yeah its always weird when theres no friction

3. RainInAfrica

But there was friction - He was basically calling me racist. The whole reason I told him was because he called me a fag and i got very offended and i decided im going to tell him why i got so offended. So I tell him not to use that word anymore because im gay, and I'm no putting up with it anymore and the he starts saying he's not putting up with racism anymore :eek: As if to call me a racist !

4. Alex19

haha nobody ever directly called me racist and they shouldnt. i make friends with all the races. hell, i love having (especially) black friends. we have a blast :slight_smile:

5. 71390S

71390S Guest

So he DID call you racist, or did you interpert it that way?

6. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

wait. im sorry but i'm totally lost. how is you saying that you're (you NOT him) are gay, translate into being racist? if anything, him claiming that you are being racist is being an idiot (no offense to your friend but really? racist has to do with RACE not sexual orientation.) Unless you then said something like, i ONLY like white guys. i think your friend is somewhat confused

7. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

ohhh okmi think i got it a little more now. basically he wasn't saying YOU are a racist, he was saying that if you aren't putting up with being discriminated against, then neither is he. (i think...) but my question now is: was he saying it angrily? or was he just trying to jump on the "no more discrimination" bandwagon?

8. RainInAfrica

He was saying it angrily :eek: I think after calling me a fag and him then realizing what and ******* he was for saying it, He had his foot in his mouth and wanted to shift the blame to somebody else .

9. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Now that makes sense. It will be interesting to see how he moves past that incident. It can be hard for us when our bigotry catches us flat-footed. "my bad" can be a hard thing to learn to say quickly.

10. RainInAfrica

He is very hard headed. I don't know if we will move past this..

11. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hard headed you say? Is he Irish by chance? If so, he's prolly also big hearted.

12. RainInAfrica

Half Irish half Vietnamese

He isn't very big hearted. Not very caring either

13. Just Adam

i say just move on if he cant its not your fault your still the same guy only his perception of you has changed...

(*hug*)

14. RainInAfrica

Thank you. That won't be easy tho seeing as he is one of my best friends and my best friends cousin and sits beside me in basically every one of my classes.
    :icon_sad:

15. Just Adam

im sorry:frowning2: i knew some peopel once a time i considered my best of friends they were brothers to me they even came to my mothers funeral i remember at the footbal once it was raining i asked him what would you say if i was gay...this was before i really thought i liked guys and he said friendship would be over... this was a guy i had knows for 6 years had fought beside and drinked and laughed by... but i realised he wouldent accept me its the same with most people i knew and still know.

my best friend now is homophobic but says he would accept me but still says horrid things... its hard really hard but i dont want to lose him.

so i understand how you feel i say jsut give it time then maybe have a quiet chat with him tell him how you feel and you dont want to lose a friend. thts all i can really offfer sorry it aint mroe.

16. Chase G

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow. That's not nice! And it makes no sense whatsoever. I don't know how being can translate into that but ok. Obviously he's not a friend, in my opinion.

17. RainInAfrica

Im thinking this isn't going to work out after all...

18. Shimmi

Shimmi Guest

(*hug*) It sounds like you need to talk to him about it some more. If nothing else you ll grow from this. I hope it works it out for you (&&&)

19. certified Hotti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wtf? how did the racism thing even come about??
    dats weird!

but i hope u guys work it out and everything goes back to being kool!:thumbsup:

20. RainInAfrica

Thanks man (*hug*) Me too :icon_sad: