1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Appointment has been met

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Tasha, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Tasha

Tasha Guest

See what I did there? Set/Met-its a sequel title that rhymes... I just realised I must get out more.

It went so well! My friend is in the APK church-long story, not as bad as the baptists(I think they're the ones I'm thinking about-scary protesting people) but all sorts of hate to those are who are different to their set standard. My friend is totally fine with it though, all that she cares about is that I'm still the same person and it doesn't change anything between us. She doesn't agree with the lifestyle as she still sees it as a sin but we're still the same friends.

I know some of my friends have been giving me grief that someone who sort of thinks you're going to burn in hell for who you are is not a good friend but we've come a long way. I know her backround and I totally understand and respect her perspective even if I might not agree. I think a true friend is not someone who feels the same way about everything you do but rather is someone who can respect and appreciate you no matter what their views are.

Am I the only person that feels this way? Anyway I love her and she loves me no matter what and thats all I care about.

2. Jim1454

I'm glad your friend was so accepting! Congrats!

3. Tasha

Tasha Guest

And it keeps getting better. I'm going down the list of people i need to tell, my latest was the best so far. She was having a venting session about some assignment, I said "Btw I'm gay", she replied "Your gay? Ok, so anyway then she said..." and venting continued.

It feels good to be gay again

4. Jim1454

LOL! You're right - even better!

5. Eleanor Rigby

That's great :slight_smile:

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status: