1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My coming out debacle

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by wickedboi, Sep 4, 2009.

1. wickedboi

alright... I have not posted on these boards for quite some time mainly because life has been really hectic. But since March 10, 2009 (day before my 17th birthday) I have been officialy out to my mother and sister. But I didnt come out of the closet on my own terms...I was kicked out lol. This is how it went down...

I have this friend...who we will call MoFo (for reasons you will find out later.) He and I have been friends since age of 10. He is a "wanna be gangsta" even tho he is a scrawney white kid from the south lol. So he and I have done "stuff" (he is straight so it wasnt "romantic") but somehow word got out about it (he must of said something or someone made a rumor which turned out to be true) and word got around school that I "blew" him. I caught wind of it, and to be honest...no one was really talking about it because it just seemed so unlikely so really it wasnt a big deal...rumors are rumors. Well he didnt think that so he called my mom and flipped out on her telling her that I was going around telling people I blew him and he was going to kick my ass. My mom approached me and asked me what was going on...I denied it ever happened and she asked if I was gay and I denied it and blah blah blah. The next day in school after third period...he and his "gang" came up to me and cornered me and started threatning me saying how I was lucky they are on probation or else they have nothing to hold them back. Thankfully my friends got me out of there and I was a complete hot mess. Crying, sobbing, runny nose, the whole nine yards. So I did what any gay teenager does...I ran to the drama office lol. My drama coach is an amazing lady and I ran to her and told her what went down and I told her how I needed to tell my mom cuz I couldnt live this lie any longer. So, in the middle of school, we called her and she came down. The moment she walked through the door, I collapsed to the floor pleading "sorry" and sobbing once again. She got me up, hugged me, and told me she knows what this is about and told me that I had nothing to be sorry about, I am who I am and I am still her perfect boy. So tears of fear turned to tears of happiness. And I ran to my math class while she stayed behind to talk to my drama coach :slight_smile:
    That night, I told her to call my sister (who is 32 and is like my best friend) to tell her that I am gay. This is how the converstation went down
    Mom: Danielle...Dylan told me something today that is pretty big...
    Sister: What?
    Mom: He is gay.
    Sister:......And?
    Lol so it turned out to be all good. Just thought I would share that long and tedious story lol

2. epiphanies

Glad it turned out well.

3. Mickey

Gee,I don't think your story was long or tedious. I love great coming out stories!
    It takes a brave person to come out,especially to parents. I congratulate you,your mom & your sister. Your sisters answer to finding out was great!
    Don't worry too much about the "mofo". I firmly believe what goes around,comes around.
    Karma's a bitch and he'll get his,I just hope you get to see it! Ahhhh...sweet revenge!

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations for coming out to your mother and sister, I'm glad they responded well.
    And I am sorry about the Mofo thing, but hopefully, things will be better now. (*hug*)

5. olides84

Hardly long and tedious...you are a good storyteller! Congrats for such a great mom and sister.

6. wickedboi

lol yea...my sister is quite happy...I picked out her dress for a party at her job lol

7. napoleonri85

napoleonri85 Guest

I'm sorry that you had to go through that whole ordeal at school, but at least your mom and sister are supportive :slight_smile:

8. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out! Glad it went so well for you!

9. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm glad it ended well, and to be honest, I smiled at the "ran into the drama office" bit. Certainly an interesting way to come out. :slight_smile:

Lex

10. EM68

Congrats on coming out!

11. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... Ummm If I was that guy I be pissed off too...

Just saying, but you didn't say anything so it's an unfortunate event that happened. But really I would be like "wth that *** said that!!! Imma beat his ass!!".

I can see his misunderstood point

12. wickedboi

^No one ever said who started it, so he had no VALID reason to think it was me. which it wasnt :/
    It would have gone away if he left it alone and not explode in the hallway which made peopel talk about it more and make people wonder why he was getting so worked up if it was just a "rumor"

13. gaius

gaius Guest

Your mum is cool! and jut on a random note for me i would have ran to german teachers, they're more scary and can protect you, well done on coming out xx