1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitch of Living

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Legnaj, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

Life giveth and takeuth away. I considerd today a good day. I came out to a co-worker and she was super awsome about it. We talked about it and I think I made a friend for life. We ended up stuck in the ever popular "America's Next Top Model Rerun" trance for a good 3 hours. I get home and the day just comes to a hault. I ended up talking with my brother and a friend about how Wendy's sold out when the old dude died and started making comedy comercials insted of the old fashion comercials. My brother laughed and came back with a "Yeah just like Disney, they sold out on family values when WaltDisney died when they started hiring gay people." (My firend had never seen first hand just how ignorant my brother is, now he know what I live with.)

Everytime I come out it's always followed by a downer ignorant comment later on in the day. I only have this issue WHEN I come out. FML. I mean i feel it took a lot from me to start coming out again because last time I came out I was told I was a waste of a life. Now this.

BTW this isnt all sad. I responded to my brother with "No family values, J that isnt funny, thats messed up and wrong. Why do you think familys keep comming back to Disney for. Because of the family enviorment these gay people provide, something striaght men like you cant do." He then looked to my firend for approval that he didnt get, more along the lines of "not funny, messed up" :slight_smile:

I think though I am ready to tell my family once and for all, My brother may be an ignorant person but he does care...to some degree...about people bad mouthing our family. If anyhting I can open his eyes to a world he never dream lived right across his door.

wow this was more like a coming out rant.

#1 Legnaj, Sep 10, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2009
  2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We all know what it is like to have ignorant people in out lives. (*hug*)
    The up side is that since he is your brother you can be the reason he stop saying stupid things about gays.
    I've found that the prejustices people have toward one another go away once they start to get to know each other.

This is something we have to be prepaired to deal with in our lives, and I know it's not fair but life rarely is.

More goos news is as you the more you face the annoying things people say the better you get at shutting them up.

Disney sold out it's values becuase it hires gays?
    That's right! the divorce rate for straights is what? 7 out of 10. Family values it's not just for heteros any more!:thumbsup:

But seriously the best advice:

Hang in there.
    Be strong.
    And never let em' see you cry.

3. Jim1454

I'm glad it went well coming out to your friend.

I think your reaction to your brother was perfect. People think they're being funny. They need to be told that it isn't funny, and that it's in fact insulting. Sometimes that's all they need. All the while other people nervously laugh to those tasteless jokes they'll never get the message that they are in fact tasteless.

Keep it up. It's all about education.