1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to more people/GSA

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by punkrocker99, Sep 13, 2009.

1. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys so I have told 2 friends so far (girls) and I asked one of them to tell her boyfriend (we're like the 3 musketeers haha). He's from France and he's also very liberal and down to earth so I'm sure it'll be fine. Tomorrow the 3 of us are going to join my school's GSA! I'm finding it less and less scary to embrace who I am, and my philosophy is that the friends who matter don't mind and the ones that mind don't matter. :slight_smile:

Hope all goes well tomorrow! Just thought I'd share :slight_smile:

Nick
    :smilewave

2. shimmersky

Congrats, and best of luck to you!! (!)

And, it sounds like you have some awesome friends! :eusa_danc

3. RaeofLite

Awesome. Wow, it must be comfortable going to a GSA... *wonders what its like*

4. Jim1454

Congrats and good luck at your meeting.

Looks like you need to update your 'out status'. Yay!

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's fantastic! Great that you are feeling increasingly comfortable with yourself and around others! :slight_smile:

Hope the GSA meeting went well and it was what you were expecting.

6. EM68

Have good time at the GSA!

7. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The GSA meeting went great and I'm kind of on a roll now haha I told 2 more people (girls). They're theater people and they're in the gsa also so they were actually happy about it haha. :slight_smile: I actually didn't tell everyone in the gsa though yet, because I freeze up around gay issues with my guy friends and my friend Ben was there...? So I gotta figure out if he just got dragged there by our mutual friend Leah (who's very pro-gay) or if he's gay! :slight_smile: that could be very interesting..hehe

Another reason I'm hesitant though is there were two people there that I do not have good relations with at all, and even if one or both of them is gay I do not trust that they would keep it a secret if i told the gsa...but we'll see, maybe they'll drop out or maybe i'll get to the point where I don't mind if everybody knows. :slight_smile:

To RaeofLite I definitely recommend going to a gsa meeting!! :slight_smile: Even though I was so nervous I almost crapped myself it was such a relief to know that there were 20 or so more people that will support me, and some are possibly gay so all in all very good reasons to go!!! I also feel so much closer to all the people I've come out to. It's like we've reached a new level of trust, because I've told them my deepest secret and they've accepted it with open arms.

I'll keep you guys updated. :slight_smile:

Nick

8. werekid

cool i am happy for you i wish my school had a GSA

9. Gaydar

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's really, really great. I'm glad that coming out has been a positive experience for you.

I am sorry, though, that you don't feel completely comfortable in the GSA due to those two kids. Is talking to them about it out of the question?

10. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah I think it might be out of the question which sucks. But hey there's another gsa meeting tomorrow and maybe they dropped out, I'll see.

I don't even know what I did to the girl but she loathes me...and her boyfriend hates me by association i guess.