1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by kizza111, Sep 19, 2009.

1. kizza111

ok, im 14 so probably one of the youinger members here from what i can tell :eusa_danc

I have been getting really ....frustrated? (there isnt really a word to describe it but im sure some of you have felt it or are feeling it) because i really want to come out to some-one, just one close friend for now :slight_smile: and i keep saying to myself every day- ok, i'll tell her today, but i never do! i sit there and think about it, then woops, its next lesson (damn school). I just can find the courage to do it :confused: any advice would be appreciated! (&&&)

2. Eleanor Rigby

Hi and welcome to EC :slight_smile:
    I think a lot of people here could relate to how you feel. Coming out isn't an easy thing to do, especially the first one.
    Don't be too harsh on yourself. Coming out is something you have to do when you feel ready for it. You're still very young, you have plenty of time to learn to feel more comfortable with yourself. Once you'll be ready, you'll do it. Until there, don't pressure yourself and get to be comfortable with your sexuality.
    Ec is an awesome place to do that. Makes yourself at home. And once you'll be ready for coming out, you'll do it.
    Take care, Eleanor

3. Astaroth

^
    |
    Pretty much that.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there and welcome to Empty Closets! :slight_smile:

As Eleanor mentioned, take your time and once you feel comfortable and ready it will happen. Try not to get frustrated. Maybe take a break for a little bit. You will know when the right moment comes and often times these moments will present themselves.

What might help you is try talking to a counselor or a teacher at school. Sometimes having that and having someone to talk to can really help in getting ready for coming out. Also, counselors and teachers can be really an important part of your support network, which will play an important role as you continue your coming out journey. Maybe give it some thought.

But not to worry. The day will come where you will be ready and find the courage to come out.

5. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

dude im having the sammmmmeeeeee problem! except that its wih my rents. so good luck, i was really nervous the first time i told my friends face to face. well kinda face to face. the friend i told was kinda half asleep :grin: but then we talked about it on the phone later and she was totally chill with it. just realize that if theyre real friends they'll accept you no matter what (well unless you're a serial killer. but i kinda doubt that... :slight_smile:) and yeah i know EVERYONE says that, but its true. so good luck!!

6. Paragon

Paragon Guest

The advice here is awesome, My situation is basically a carbon copy of yours (with some added complications).

7. kizza111

All good advice guys thanks! but asteroid i dont think id want to tell a teacher or counsellor, because id rather tell people i know, i wouldnt feel comfortable talking about it to someone like that, but thank you :slight_smile:
    (!)