1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supposedly I'm Already Out...Thanks For Letting Me Know...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by davo-man, Aug 2, 2007.

1. davo-man

Okay, so the situation thus far is that I've come out to all of my close friends and a couple of randoms that i met at parties, as well as all the people that I've been on Kairos with. So all up I'd say approx. 50 people, mostly from school....But i kinda trusted them in my little naive way.....

Well my friend, Danielle, was talking to me today and I said that I'm 'officially' coming out the week after my birthday...and she's like, "ummm what do you mean come out, most people at school know." and im like "oh"...so she goes on to say that she's had a convo with Liam about it, and if Liam knows, I wouldnt be surprised if most others know.

I'm not angry or anthing, quite on the contrary, but it just amused me that i guess I'm out at school without even knowing it. I like it cos i means i dont have to think about it or yell it from the rooftops to get people to know, since they already do. And anyway, as I said I was coming out later this year anyway so its all good...I just found it interesting, especially cos no-one's treated me any differently, even Liam, who i thought would. So awesome...

Anyone else had any similar experiences?

2. CrimsonThunder

Yeah of course. And especially living in a small town it spreads like fire.

3. Gera-Kun

Well, not really. something a little similar. but i don't wanna share. too. long. and if you want to know, then pm me cause i don't want the whole site to know...:icon_redf

4. CrimsonThunder

You can PM me it gay boy.

5. Gera-Kun

ok, will do...

6. Psych!

Psych! Guest

he, ur lucky, all the frustration, anxiety, and worry that you could have had before telling someone never happened

7. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I deliberately arranged a situation similar to that in my last but one job. Shortly after starting I had a chat with the lady in HR, who knew from things on my CV but obviously couldn't say anything to anyone else due to confidentiality rules. She suggested that I should mention it to Sonia in accounts, then just wait a few days.

I got chatting to Sonia by the coffee machine later that day, and sure enough most people knew fairly quickly! :slight_smile:

It's much easier that way than having to tell people yourself.

8. Half-Light

9. GuitarGirl1350

Yeeeeeeeeeppppppp. Things like this spread through my school like wildfire. Once one knows, they ALL know.
    Like you, I was amused.

10. Choucho

Well, something like this happened to me, but I wasn't quite as amused, as I had only told a couple friends and wasn't yet ready for the whole school to know. >.< But, I realized there wasn't much I could do about it so I gave up on getting angry.
    Except of course, when friends refused to show my privacy any respect at all, about a number of things, then it wasn't as easy to not be angry. -_-;
    And I accidentally came out to my friend's brother. XP We were in an msn conversation with a bunch of people, and I was just like "I like boys" and then my friend mentioned the brother's name and I was like "Oh dear. >.<" But it worked out fine.