1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One more down.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by shorty, Sep 24, 2009.

1. shorty

Finally got to talk with my friend I came out to a few weeks back. (been away with work and no cell coverage). Anyway, I was feeling a bit guilty about her not being about to discuss it with anyone as I know it would be killing her. (she wears her heart on her sleave, and we always have huge heart to hearts about friends) So I told her it was cool to tell her hubby. Today I spoke with her and she said at first he didn't believe her (i'm pretty rough around the edges and don't come across as gay I guess) and then he said the kind of reply that I hope for. "oh well (shrug)" and that was that apparently. :slight_smile:

I haven't spoken with him yet, which will still be a bit nervwracking for me I suspect, as he is also a good friend I have known for ages, but it sounds like he'll be cool with it. And if he isn't, i'll just kick his ass anyway! :icon_bigg

2. dude99

dude99 Guest

well comming out at first is the hardest step, well I sure he would be cool with it.

3. Jim1454

I'm sure things will be fine. I never came out directly to my brother in law - my sister told him. I worried too that things might be awkward, but he's been cool with it. He's met my bf now too - no issues.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on your coming out journey thus far. Sounds like that everything turned out well. The first ones are always the most nerve wracking ones but it sounds like that he is okay with it.

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's always nice when friends take it OK. And you'll see that it only becomes easier as time goes on.

6. shorty

Yeah, I don't really think i'll have too many problems with most of my mates. We were pretty tight and quite frankly, most of us are a bit nutty! :slight_smile: You just never know how they'll really react though, so it makes me a bit anxious. Well, a lot actually, but anyway..