1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"straight" friend's strange reaction

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Pseudojim, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came out as bi to a very good friend of mine and his girlfriend, and it went rather well, he was a little confused about what it meant though.

Then we went out drinking last week, watching football finals and a cricket match with two of his mates i had never met before that night. Nice guys.

He got very drunk, and then as we were walking back to his place he said "i'm glad you don't find me sexually attractive" and tried to kiss me and shit. I had to push him away... Even if he were attractive (he's hideous), he's a friend, wtf is he doing?

Then later on he was bugging me for cuddles and hugs and all sorts of inappropriate nonsense while we were sitting watching cricket with the two other guys i had just met and neither of whom know anything about my orientation. It's new even to me, why would i want to let random strangers in on it? I went home, sent him a message about how fucked up and insensitive his behaviour had been and i'm not talking to him for a while to teach him a fucking lesson.

What is going on in his thick head? Is he gay? I think he could be, he's definitely the emotional type who loves romantic movies and NEVER talks about his sex life with his girlfriend (she's rather tomboyish). Or is he just being a complete douchebag?

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hard to tell, but sounds like he might be at least questioning, and you may be the first gay guy he's ever met, so he (ignorantly) assumes that any gay guy will be attracted to other gay guys.

Wait till you're alone with him, or take him to lunch or something, and chat with him about it. Make it clear you like him as a friend, but nothing else is on the table, and see what he says.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    he doesn't even remember it happening, or so he says. We were drunk.

and no, he knows gay guys. He works with one, actually. Besides which i'm not technically gay, though i suppose there's not much difference to ignorant types like him.

#3 Pseudojim, Sep 30, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  4. Jay D

I think he was testing the waters, seeing how far you'd go and how far he could push you. I don't think he's gay, but he definitely was being a dumbass.

5. Greggers

Well some peoples sexual preference gets thrown out the window when large amounts of booze come into the picture :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: *cough* myself included here...

Its not strange for straight guys to be all over another guy or gay guys to be all over another woman if drunk. And by "all over" i mean basically like what happened to you (trying to get kisses, hug and cuddle, flirting).

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so this is something i'm going to have to get used to? Bah humbug.

7. Jack2009

Jack2009 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think he is at least bisexually-curious....

No normal straight guy would do this, especially with a friend, especially when they have a girlfriend, and in front of strangers. Being drunk isn't a good reason, it's like hypnosis. Hypnosis will only go as far as you would really be like in the real world, if you think you can do it while really being aware then you'll do it. And if not then you won't do it while being under hypnosis, and being drunk is much closer to reality than hypnosis.

Also he's assuming you're a slut too with this behavior, like you would go with anybody.

8. kramer362

You being open piqued his curiosity in one way or another. Whether it was seeing how you'd react or maybe he himself is questioning. Be nice to him though and tell him when you're both sober you didn't appreciate his behavior towards you in front of (to you) strangers.

9. werekid

maybe he was drunk and stuff can happen like that when they are drunk

10. Possibly Maybe

^What she said. :dry: