1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to someone at work

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by dude99, Oct 2, 2009.

1. dude99

dude99 Guest

I just came out to a girl at work. She at times asks if I have a girlfriend at times. Today was the last time she asked me that. I said no but could not have the nerve to say it to her face and decided to send her a little email about my sexuality. Well there is no turning back now from work. Not sure who else knows at work as I previously stated on facebook that I am gay to a few co workers who are on there but I not sure if any paid attention to it.

2. shorty

Awesome. Congrats! No further comment from her? Work has rules for anti discrimination? Work is the one place i'm not sure I want to come out at. Male dominated, with lots of macho ego's, so it would probably be terrible.

3. Jim1454

That's awesome. Congratulations. I'm close to doing the same thing. I hope it all works out for the best.

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile:

5. dude99

dude99 Guest

thanks guys, well I have not heard from her yet as I posted the email late at night to her. She may be at work now as she usually works wkds there. I having day off work but back tommorow.

6. EM68

congrats! I am out to a few people at work. I am not too sure when or if I will be totally out at work.

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's awesome! Congratulations! :slight_smile:

8. biisme

Good for you for having the courage to do it! Be sure to let us know how it turns out. :slight_smile: