1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Me.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bryan44, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Bryan44

Hello EC :grin: I have been so busy lately, but I have some good news and I wanted to share it with yall.

Its been about two months since I moved out of my house and transferred colleges and I really think that moving out was a positive thing for my life. I have met so many new friends and amazing people and things seem to be going well as of yesterday that is. I came out to all the rest of my friends last weekend at a party. I made an announcement haha, it was awesome. Everyone was really supportive and said that they will always love me and that it wont change anything. I even let all of my guy friends know that I will refrain from hitting on them unless I am heavily intoxoicated :slight_smile: So now all of my friends know, my roommates know, my family knows (except my dad), basically I am out to everyone. I've been stuggling a lot lately so I decided that I needed to attend my school's GSA meeting. I went last night and it was interesting..Everyone was really nice and accepting. I dont think I have ever seen that many gay people in one room, it was pretty amazing.

So now I just feel FREE and like a whole new person. I woke up today and I just feel happy :slight_smile: Im going to try and stay positive because this is the best feeling.

I just want to give an update about my mom, for anyone who has read any of my threads/posts in the past. She still refuses to accept the fact that I am gay. We still don't speak about it at all. Things just seem stagnant with her, but I am going to be patient and give her however much time she needs, hell, it took me like 9 years to finally accept and come to terms with all of this.

OH...AND...My younger sister came out as a lesbian to my mom. I don't know if I told yall about that. So my mom is just having a really hard time right now with having two gay children. I love my little sister though, I knew she was being supportive of me for some reason..Haha. She is literally my best friend and I dont know what I would do without her.

Thanks EC for all the support and advice, I love all of you, yall are amazing (*hug*) :kiss:

2. EM68

That is awesome Bryan! I am so happy for you!!

3. Ben

Ben

Yayayay Bryan :grin: You're awesome so you deserve to be happy!

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm happy for you that your coming out has been going well and that it has such a positive impact on your life. Glad you had a good time at the GSA meeting last night!

I think giving your mum time to come around to it, is good. Maybe try leaving some PFLAG information for her to read or some other material that might help her to come around to it. It's great that you are patient and willing to wait for her.

Congratulations on your journey thus far. Glad that it has really helped you! :slight_smile:

5. werekid

congratz i think a million ppl want to be in your shoes right now

6. kizza111

wow! good to hear! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: sorry about your mums response though, hope things keep going well!

7. guacj

Congrats! You should rent Prayers for Bobby and watch it with her and see if she still feels the same after. Good luck with her. I hope it works out between the two of you. It should with time.

8. girllove

that's so cool! Im so happy for you:slight_smile: If you ever feel lost and feel as if you have no support, we're all here for you:slight_smile: always

9. Ralivar

Congratulations, its fantastic that you feel great about the changes that you have made in your life.

I know this may sound strange, but posts like this make me feel the need to move forwards with the changes in my own life, so I feel happier than I do at the moment. For this I say thankyou.

10. Jim1454

That's SO AWESOME!!! I'm glad you're feeling so good about things now.

11. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations Bryan!! Coming out as a general announcement is a courageous thing to do!

And also congratulations on your sister on coming out as a lesbian. Your mother should see it on the bright side: She will gain a daughter-in-law and a son-in-law. Just from different sources that she was expecting them from :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

And don't worry on our mother. Moms can sometimes take quite some time to come to terms with it (the topic is still a no go zone with my mom too)... But I'm sure she'll learn to accept it!

12. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations Bryan ! I'm happy everything went well. And congratulations to your sister too. :kiss:

13. Alex19

congrats!!!! and omg- your sis is a lesbian!!?? i bet ur mom is goin crazy!! lol

14. acorn7

Hey, I totally remember your threads about your mom. I'm sorry she hasn't accepted it yet, but it'll come in time. It's great you have your sister "on your side"! And I'm so glad everything else is going so well :grin:

15. thuff

thuff Guest

hey good job. my parents still havent accepted me being bisexual. I told them when i got home from college in may for summer break. They still say they love me and stuff but we dont bring anything lgbt up in convos lol ha. my mom kept on saying that she couldnt stand the guy on big brother lol cuz he was gay so. So in other words we dont talk about me being bi lol

16. AllSmiles

Congratulations and well done :thumbsup: Congrats to your sister, too

Hope the things with your mom will get better (*hug*)