1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm finally out the

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by pteen, Oct 8, 2009.

1. pteen

Now I've built up the confidence, and the plan, on telling my mom I'm gay, if she asks. And every one else all I have to say if they accuse me of homosexuality is, "I don't care, I'm proud!" Life getting pretty sweet about now.

2. Greggers

You might want to tell you mom rather than wait for her to ask you, but other than that congrats :slight_smile: Thats a big step. I tried the "ill just tell if they ask" and found no one really was asking, even when my facebook was all gayed up. Its a touchy subject for alot of people and its hard to just point blank ask anyone "are you gay?". But the main point is that you *are* willing if it does happen, thats a big step :slight_smile:

3. Gaetan

:thumbsup:
    Good luck! You'll have to let us know how it goes!

4. Goliath

I agree with your plan. I did exactly the same thing, just answer if people ask. One person can spread stories pretty fast.

5. Beachboi92

you skipped a step where u tell some people haha like greggers said it is a touchy subject people dont like to approach you should tell your mom or other people close to you if you can manage it. One way would simply to be open in front of them aka talking about guys or gay rights issues etc.

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you have become very comfortable with yourself and feel ready for 'everyone' to know. I do think though (as Greggers and Beachboi92 have said) it might be better if you talk with your mum about it and do it on your terms, i.e. when you feel ready and most comfortable to have that conversation with her. It's easier to come out and talk about things when you are in driving seat. :slight_smile:

But congrats on being yourself and having come to a stage where you can "I'm proud!" :slight_smile: