1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out on facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by twixy30, Oct 12, 2009.

1. twixy30

well yesterday was National Coming Out Day and well i decied i was ready to tell people that i had grown up with that i was gay. i knew i would get reactions but i did not relize that it would end up in a fighting debate over me. i love all my friends but now i wish i had not come out. but on the other hand i think it was time. so now i ust with i could take it back. so do you think that i made a good chocie or do you think i should had keep it in the closet thank

2. s5m1

You are a lesbian and there is nothing wrong with that. If other people are having a debate over you, that is their problem. You should be able to live life honestly, as you were meant to. If someone else is upset with your sexuality for some reason, that is a reflection on them, not you.

As for whether you should have done it, if you wanted to come out, then that is what you should have done, regardless of how others would react. Having said that, I don’t think it is productive to worry about what you have already done. You certainly cannot turn back time and undo it. Instead, find a way to enjoy today. Don’t agonize over that which is out of your control.

3. Jim1454

What's done is done. You can't take it back even if we all agreed that you should.

So feel good with the fact that you've come out and that it's behind you. Congrats.

4. twixy30

thank you all ive ecepted who i am and im glad i have come out im more happy now then ive ever been

5. Camman3

You shouldn't regret anything - anything you did, you did because you wanted to do it! I'm sure you would've weighed up the pros and cons beforehand.

If people want to fight & debate, that's their problem - you should feel happy and proud! I'm very happy for you =)

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations for coming out on FB! Glad that you are feeling happy. That's the most important thing here! :slight_smile:

7. rawpunkgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I came out on facebook too.. but there wasn't an announcement, I just list my interest in women. I was just really tired of avoiding my sexuality which is usually what I did for the last couple years.