1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

national coming out day!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by ADTR fan, Oct 12, 2009.

1. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

well seeing as it was national coming out say on the 11 here in the states, i figured i'd make this thread to see who came out yesterday!

i came out to my dad and meant to tell my mom and brother, but forgot/couldn't tell them :|

2. NateDawg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well. I'm giving a letter to my mother here in a few hours. Waiting for dad to go to bed.

3. Adam

I came out to some friends the night before. Everyone else already knows about me I just hadn't seen that friend in a really long time.

4. GhostDog

I came out to Facebook. =) And seeing as I'm FB-friends with a lot of my World of Warcraft guild, and a lot of them liked or commented on my note, I can consider myself out to my guild too. =P Also, any classmates who cared to read the note (only one of them said anything about it, but she's bi and I was out to her already, so eh!)

Also, though I didn't really plan on it coinciding with the weekend, I found it funny that I got my hair cut way shorter the Friday before coming out day. My brother took one look at the new 'do and said, "It's really cute! But it's very lezzy, I'm not gonna lie." And, well, yeah, that was the general idea. =P

Aaaand I spent a good chunk of my afternoon at a "LIVE GAY ACTS" booth today, the angle of which was "Come see gay people do gay things! Like... homework! And texting! Come see a bisexual crochet a hat! See a lesbian, drawing!" (As a sort of fun/sarcastic way to point out that, hey, we're just people. And, no, it wasn't on coming out day, but nobody's on campus on Sunday!) So, after that, I think I might as well consider myself out on campus, too. ;D

5. dude99

dude99 Guest

congrats guys

6. Khobra

Khobra Guest

I can never wait for National Coming Out Day to arrive...
    That's why my school's GSA basically made an announcement in our school that instead of National Coming Out Day, it will be National Coming Out Week.

Yay very liberal school! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. girllove

w0ow,hahha i wish my school was that liberal:slight_smile:

8. Astaroth

I didn't get to do much coming out, but I did manage to post a quick status update to celebrate the day on Facebook and got responses from two relatives in my extended family that hadn't known. :slight_smile:

9. twixy30

i came out to my friends on Facebook and it turned in to a big fight with old and new friends

10. Khobra

Khobra Guest

Well, with my county/district being so close to the city (San Francisco), you sort of expect most of the schools near it to be more liberal than most. I like my school haha

PS. and i FINALLY went to my school's GSA meeting (for the first time haha) and I found out that there's and openly gay teacher in my school. That was surprising. And he's hilarious - wished I had him as a teacher haha

11. x2x2x2x2y2

I never knew there was a coming out day! Haha and it's the day b4 my birthday! That's awesome!

12. Miles D

Our school's QueerSA is going to do an open forum for students & faculty to share their coming out stories. (We were on break on the actual day.)
    We have a ton of out & gay-married faculty/staff, including the Chinese department head who is also a figure skater, our provost who is married to our department head of quantitative literacy, a few residence directors and a ton of others.
    I'm super excited. :grin:

edit: & I didn't come out to anyone, because I'm 100% out. I did see my grandma who has Alzheimer's and who hasn't seen me since my transition. we had a nice talk, even though she had no idea who I was.

13. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we need national "tell the person you have a crush on" day

14. ADTR fan

ADTR fan Guest

we had it school coming out day the friday AFTER, because the gsa meets on fridays and well... we aren't in school on sundays. but its all good. actually, they put it out on the announcements in the mornings and a bunch of kids were talking about it. unfortunately, they're all pretty immature and i'm pretty sure they were telling their other friends to come out and embrace the fact that they were faggots. not the best message but still...

15. Prccgeek

I was on a college visit that day at luther in Iowa. There was all this writing in chalk across the campus sidewalks about coming out and being gay. My host for the nighttold me that there had been a big rally coming out extravaganza the day before (too bad I missed it) she was telling me that she didn't know much about it cuz she was straight. Out of the blue, I was like "actually Im bi." she was totally cool with it.
    It felt weird to tell someone I had just met considering I am out to only a small group of people at home, but at the same time it felt really wonderful
    and relaxing to just say it out loud with no plan already set up on how to tell them. That moment made me really exited for college where I can just be open aboutwho I realy am.
    I don't know if that really counts b/c I didn't already know them, but it was a pretty big step for me.