1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my friend just came out!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Paragon, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Paragon

Paragon Guest

OMG, I'm still trying to figure out if it actually happened or not, but my friend came out.
    In school I have like 2 male friends, thats it, ALL the rest of my friends are girls, anyway, on Friday During lunchtime, me, my friend lets call him 9, and my friend lets say 8 (a girl), were just kinda chilling out behind the school just talking.
    I had remembered that earlier that day my other friend KT had teased 9 threatening to tell people what lets say 7 (male) had told her. From what I gather 9 had told 7 who he liked and 7 had told KT. kind of childish I know, but anyway, me 9 and 8 are behind the school and I ask 9 "So who do you like?" he said he couldn't tell me so I just started guessing girls names, eventually he said "its a fella" and in my head i was like OMG he just came out! but what i said was "oh ok" really casually, so then i started guessing guys names and eventually got it.
    anyway, then 8 said "so are u bi or gay?"
    and he just said "gay".

I was sooooo shocked I mean he came out like it was nothing, which i would never be brave enough to do. But if I count right I'd guess about 4 people know, me, 7, 8, and KT.
    My school is ridiculousy homophobic and I'm almost tempted to take the people who know aside and tell them not to tell anyone, but thats not my call its 9s...

2. olides84

OK, my first thought is how come KT doesn't get a number? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Anyway, that's a good story. It's great that he can come out so nonchalantly. So given that your school is homophobic, are you gonna be able to support 9 if he gets some backlash.

3. Paragon

Paragon Guest

lol @ KT, and as for supporting him, absolutely, I'm still heavily closeted but I can definitely have his back.

4. Mickey

Thank God KT didn't have a number! I was having a hard enough time with 7,8,and 9! :eusa_doh:

5. Mickey

I think this is a great story. Have you thought about maybe coming out to him?
    I think it would be a good thing. He'd have an ally and you'd have come out to your first person. It always helps when someone else knows and it's someone you can trust to keep it quiet. I'm sure he would if you asked him to.
    That's just my opinion,I'm not telling you what to do. I just think you have a good chance to share who you are with someone who "gets it."
    As for telling the others to keep it quiet about 9,you should ask him what he thinks first.

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Noting is what it seams! If I was you I would come out to him. He wouldn't feel as intimidated by it all if new has someone to talk to. You should talk to him about how you want people to handle this.

7. pianomike

lol, the number thing was funny

8. AgentS

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    OMG, the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, the only male of my three best friends came out. I hadn't come out to him yet, but was starting to think I should. I was worried he was too religious and would have a problem with me being gay. Imagine my surprise when he said "I'm gay" :jawdrop:

You should come out to your friend. It might make him feel better, just knowing that he knows and can talk to someone who understands.

9. Paragon

Paragon Guest

I guess i could try...

10. Gaetan

Don't feel pressured into coming out if you don't think it's time. It is your decision alone to come out.

However, I do agree that coming out to him could help both of you a great deal.

11. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^ actually im excited about it now

12. Paragon

Paragon Guest

UPDATE:
    today in school i worked up the courage to ask 9 about who he liked again, he told me so i said: "so is it guys and gals or just guys?" he paused for a good minute or so which made me feel kinda guilty, but then he said "guys" to which i replied "Kawesome!" then i changed the subject....
    anyway, i havent come out but im trying to(!)

13. CrimsonThunder

haha the number thing confused the hell out of me. Thats great news though. someone to confide all you're feelings too!

14. Paragon

Paragon Guest

update: i just sent him a subtle text, im too scared to say the words so i sent him
    " u know that thing u told me about 2day? that applies to me 2"

15. Gaetan

:thumbsup:
    I don't think it's all that subtle...unless you guys also talked about your favorite flavors of ice cream or something. Either way, congratulations!

16. Paragon

Paragon Guest

^
    vanilla

17. Paragon

Paragon Guest

well 2 b fair we spent 7.5 hours in school im not surprised he text back "what?"

#17 Paragon, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2009
  18. Gaetan

Bahaha! Did you enlighten him?

19. Paragon

Paragon Guest

nope, coz worst case scenario a txt can be saved and showed, not that he'd do that, but i'd trust nobody with such undeniable proof...

20. TyPod

God I envy 9! - that coming out seemed effortless.

#20 TyPod, Oct 19, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2009