1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another one down

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by EM68, Oct 21, 2009.

1. EM68

Today I went to get a haircut. The woman who cuts my hair is the same person who cuts my brother's and my nephews hair. I wanted to hold off until my nephews knew I was gay which they now do. We were talking as she was cutting my hair. I told her that my brother just got a new job (after being laid off for 8 months) then she asked if my brother was still with his gf and I told her yes. Then she said that she and her husband just found out her husband has a 17 year old son and he has been around which she thought was nice because they don't have kids.

She said its nice hearing about good news and people finding happiness after months of bad news with the economy. I then told her that I found happiness also and I have been dating someone for 5 months. After that I came out to her. She said that its no big deal, she know a few gay people being a hair styliest. We both got a chuckle out of it. She said everyone has one life to live and everyone deserves to be happy. I told her a bit more about him and such. I knew that she would take it well but it still feels good.

2. Bryan44

awesome Ed!! congrats!!

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's always nice to get a positive response. :slight_smile:

Lex

4. AllSmiles

That's awesome :thumbsup:

Congrats :icon_bigg

5. EM68

Another one down tonight! This one was on Facebook. He went to school with me and is gay. He posted his status as going to a gay club/restaurant tonight for dinner. I then sent him a message asking how it was and I may have to go sometime with my bf. He emailed me back said he never knew I was gay. I told him that I was a late bloomer. ha ha.

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Coming out to another gay guy doesn't count.

...I'm kidding. :slight_smile: It's always cool to have yet another person you don't have to pretend around.

Lex

7. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! :thumbsup:

8. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations Ed :slight_smile:

9. Greggers

Ironicaly one of the few people left in this world who do not know im gay is my hairdresser

She keeps tormenting me with questions of girlfriends and women in general, and i think she may kind of get the picture, but she is not exactly....tactful? understanding? accepting? ....nice? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The last time i was getting my hair cut she told me to look at the mentally disabled person a few chairs down because he was making a funny face. No joke.

10. Jim1454

Congratulations Ed! That's great!

:roflmao: This just made me laugh! I'd be finding a different hairdresser!

11. Greggers

...you dont KNOW how hard it is to find someone who can cut hair in this disgusting little town. The next step down is the "oops your ear is bleeding, want a lolipop?" and the next step up is the "that will be $49.99 plus $20 for using aromatherapy water". I will put up with all her crap if it means my hair is looking beautiful at the end of it all :slight_smile:

12. EM68

Haha Lex. It is nice. He said hw would like to meet with me and my bf for dinner sometime.
    Jim that was my thought also.

13. Mickey

Good for you,Ed! You have come such a long way,in such a short time! You should be proud of yourself. I'm proud of you and I know there's a lot here that feel the same.
    You may be a "late bloomer" but you're in full bloom,now! Congrats,my friend.