1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my mum today!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by grapevine fires, Oct 24, 2009.

1. grapevine fires

I came out to my mum today. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I figured that it would be a good time to come out now because I have a girlfriend. (I haven't told her that yet...)

I'm so happy that I have the friends I do... I asked my best friend to come over to help me do this, and he was absolutely fantastic. He told me what I should say, and what to do and stuff, and supported me the whole way through. He's been there for a lot of his other friends who have come out in the past...

I told my mum that I wanted to talk to her, as she was getting ready for a nap (she's sick, but I wanted to do it anyway; it's just one of those things..) and it went really well. The climax was crazy, I was almost crying, and then I told her, and... it was so easy :slight_smile:. She told me that no matter what, she loved me, and she accepted me (unless it was something negative, like if I was going to tell her that I was pregnant or something). I'm glad I told her, and I'm so glad that my friend had my back. It's easier to breathe now, and I don't have to hide things... like the fact that the youth group I go to is, in fact, for people in the LGBT community.

My next step is introducing mum to my girlfriend (whom she's already met, but not with that title :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

2. Mickey

Another great story. I love it! Your mom was wonderful. I wish everyone had such a positive experience. I'm sure,by sharing your story,that you'll help others be less afraid and more apt to at least think about coming out. Thanks for sharing this.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations (!)

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! It's great that your mum had such a great response! That's awesome! :slight_smile:

5. Ralivar

Congrats. It's great that it went so well, and that your mum is so supportive. That you know you have such a good friend is a great thing as well.

6. Jiggles

Jiggles Guest

Woo Hoo for the supportive mum! Congratulations!

7. LeonaRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! *hugs* This makes me smile =']

8. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Congrats! I'm glad it went well.

9. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations (*hug*) I am happy everything went well for you :slight_smile: