1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out to my sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mydogstewie, Oct 24, 2009.

1. mydogstewie

I couldn't tell her in person, so I sent her an email:

"Hey,

I need to talk to you about something. I've been trying to tell you for a couple weeks but I just don't have the courage to say it. I wasn't originally going to tell you but So and so, my friend, said I should tell you. Before I tell you you have to promise NEVER to mention it to a soul, not even mom or dad for I am not going to tell them for a while.

The story is that over the past 1 and a half years, puberty has started and I've been getting these weird feelings. I've started to have attraction
    to guys. I didn't know what these feelings were. I've recently made the decision that I have the capability of loving both men and women. I want to date and kiss a guy but also with girls too. I have realized that I am Bisexual.

You don't have to accept it but I hope you still love me the same way. It's still pretty confusing for me too as these feelings are new, but also i've had them for a while. I hope you can accept it and don't treat me any different. I love you.

From, My name"

Hope it goes well!:icon_sad:

2. mydogstewie

So, she knocked on my door, i answered and she was in tears. we hugged for a while and she said she was fine. Something that bothered me though, she said, "Are you sure?
    "

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to your sister! That's awesome! :slight_smile:

Sometimes sisters or parents will ask if "you are sure" just to 'confirm' or because they are concerned about your safety and well being. But I wouldn't really worry too much about it. The most important thing is that you know yourself and your feelings and that you have been able to write it down and come out. Way to go! :slight_smile:

4. hiddendc4

the are you sure comment comes up a lot, last person I came out to said the same thing. Best thing to do imo is just brush the comment off and tell them that you don't say things like what gender your attracted to in jest. (That's usually my response to that particular comment)

Oh and congrats for coming out to her!!! :grin: (!)

5. x2x2x2x2y2

Yeah the Are You Sure comment is common. It happened with my mom. Finally I just told her that I was 100% sure and that now it was her turn to accept it.