1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out.....Again

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Scoz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi everyone and thanks for welcoming to EC . Ive been on the site about a week now and i felt like telling my story . I guess ive always known im gay , ive never had any sexual feelings for girls . I tried to be what some call "normal" and had a few girlfriends , i loved one yeah but i was never content . When i was with one girl i had a friend that i hung out with a lot , we got a long so well we were always togther . After a party a mutual friend told me he wanted to sleep with me , now at this point i had fooled around with guys but neither of us ever spoke about it again . I didnt know what to do so i didnt say anything . He used to stay at my place a lot so one night things kinda just happened , and the next day we accually spoke about it . He was the first guy i ever kissed and i knew then thats what i wanted . This went on for a while but i was full of guilt and i had to tell my girlfriend , she took it quite well . One night the three of us decided to sleep together , and it was good at first but i didnt want either of them to touch each other . That night i freaked out and tried to kill myself . I stayed in hospital a few days and when i got out i told my mum i was bisexual . She was very accepting but wanted me to make a choice , i guess she knew i wasnt really bisexual at all im gay . I asked her eventually to tell the rest of the family . My dad didnt say much except he loves me anyway . My two older sisters told me they always figured i was , and my younger sister found it hard to deal with . After that i found a G and L group and started going , by the way i was still with my girlfriend . It was good to meet other gay people but i ended up hanging out with guys very much in "the scene" , we went out clubbing all the time and i got into drugs . I started going out with a guy and felt like i will end up hurting my girlfriend , if i wasnt already . so i ended it , she was heartbroken and i supose so was i , she was my last chance to have that "normal" life . After that things spiraled into a world of sex and drugs , and i never fully accepted who i am . I got out of the drugs and didnt see any of my friends anymore , and i met a really great guy who had his life together . We were together about 3 years , but the whole time i wanted more i was constantly attracted to other guys , not in a healthy way either . I was even in love with his brother , he and i had become really close friends , we did everything together . I started becoming afraid to leave the house and i depended on my boyfriend more and more . I think i didnt want anyone to know im gay . So eventualy he couldnt handle it and he broke up with me , i was in a real mess , i tried to kill myself again and this time they put me on medication . I thought i was pshycotic and could hear voices and stuff , but i know now it was from my drug abuse . I was recently taken off one of my medications because i didnt need it anymore after years of therapy . And now all those all feelings have come back i never dealt with like being afraid to be gay . Thats when i came to this site and started talking about how i feel . Its been a great help i feel better about myself now than i think i ever did in my life . and i can truly say i am happy :slight_smile:
    So now ive decided its time to come out...Again.

2. CrimsonThunder

Thats quite a story...

Good luck on coming out for the second time Scoz.

3. Zorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow. I'm glad you're happy now. I'm still working on doing it the first time :slight_smile:

4. 24601

I'm glad things are starting to take a turn for the better. Good luck on coming out, again. You have my best wishes.

5. Jim1454

Good for you! This site helped me come to terms with being gay. Talking about it with others made it more real, and helped get comfortable with the whole idea.

I've had to face my own demons as well - and have been medicated to help me through the tough times too. Its not an easy road to travel - but we're all here to help each other through it.

Stick around and get even more comfortable with yourself. I'm really glad to hear you're feeling better.

6. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Scoz, thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully it will help others to make good choices for their lives so they can lead happy and healthy lives in the orientation that God blessed them with.

7. downboyup

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    wow - you been through a lot. if you ever feel overwhelmed by it all - dont forget to take a break - go to the country and get some space. sometimes no one around and a bit of physical work can take the edge off things.

8. Bryan

Wow, good for you. You should be really proud of your self, after all you have gone through. It sounded like you needed to be open with your self before beng open with others. I am glad you are happy and keep it up.

9. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey thanks guys , and its true no matter how much support i can get from anyone i will never be happy untill i accept myself . a guy at the pub asked me today if i was gay, i didnt say yes but i didnt say no, so i think i'm making some progress. he said that was ok who cares if i am.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Scoz....I LOVE your quote. That is sooo true!

11. Scoz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks i do too . and i finally beleive that it is true . Ive always been happy on the outside but never inside , i am now and its great :slight_smile:

12. mrcorbin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Scoz that is a good one!! I think everyone should read that over and over when they need strength to come out.