1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mothers odd announcement

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by JakeBHT, Nov 2, 2009.

1. JakeBHT

now my life and relationship with my mother is a very complicated one. A few days ago she told me that she was fine with me being gay, dispite me not having told her she must have guessed, but that before I was gay I had to have children because she wanted grankids. Now what was I to say...great wow you are good with this...huh children first???
    help poeples.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't stress about it. Sounds as though she's going through the stages of grief and what you're hearing is "bargaining." You might point out that plenty of gay couples have kids (either with a surrogate mother or through adoption or other means) and that your decision to have kids or not isn't related to your sexual orientation. If she believes it's still possible/likely for you to have kids, she may be more comfortable with acceptance.

3. kramer362

IF you want kids, tell her you don't have to have children 'before' being gay... there are options for gay people.

Is she encouraging you to knock up some chick just to reproduce? lol

4. BitterEdge

BitterEdge Guest

They are stages of grief and she will get over it. Many gay men and women are having children these days as well.

5. JakeBHT

hahaha thats what i said at school! yeah its fine she'll come round...and girls are kinda cool anyway...still working that bit out!