1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baseball Code!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Prccgeek, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Prccgeek

Okay. So my friends and I decided to use code words for everything gay on Halloween. We weren't just bored. We were at my friends house and his parents are uber conservative in everyway. I feel so bad that he has to deal with coming out to them. They are crazy! But anyway, the codes were really fun to use in the end. We used Chicago baseball as our code. You are a Cubs fan if you are straight, a Sox fan if you are gay, and I myself am a fair weather fan, or bi.

This lingo was so fun to use that for the last few days we have been using it everywhere, people around us get really confused and it is funny. However, some people starting to figure it out and then some people sho still thought I was straight started to figure out the language. So in result, I have come out to three more people in the last few days. One is the only lesbian in my grade that I know of and appartently she already knew cuz my friend can't keep her mouth shut, but I was totally fine with her knowing. The next was sort of random and I blurted it out to her a random time in a room full of people (so more than I think might know, whatever!), but she talked to me later and was cool with it; and the last was one of my best friends since 4th grade. I don't know how I put off telling her this long, but once I learned she figured out the code, it took he like 2 full days, I was just going to lunch with her and I said, "Actually, I don't know if you know this, but I am actually a fair weather fan." It was jaw drop, "really?" moment, but she was so wonderful. She asked me about it and we talked about it at our lunch table in code and know one understood. It was funny. She did the whole "I am so proud of you" thing and it made me really happy. There is a good chance we will go to the same college and possibly be roommates so i am glad she knows now.

So this has been my two day Halloween coming out fest! It is only 3 people, but in a two day period that is huge for me!

2. revolutionrock

If this were your facebook status, I would like it. Well done. :slight_smile:

3. Prccgeek

4. Camman3

Teeheehee:grin: It sounds like something similar me and my friends do. In South Africa there are 3 main languages: English, Afrikaans (baby Dutch)? Maybe you've heard of it?)and Xhosa. Most people are english, and many HATE afrikaans because it's a "difficult" language to understand, but me and my studious friends are good at it, so we ALWAYS talk in Afrikaans and no-one can understand us!

Also, one guy we knew was gay played the flute, then we heard this rumour (morel like old wive's tale) that all flute players are gay. We went through a phase of saying "Do you think he plays the flute?" meaning we were speculating if he was gay or not. We always make references to "poles that have had a car smashed into it", "refracted / partially refracted" and "being scared to flash his rainbow". It's amazing how many ignorant people never actually find out what we talk about, but it's a helluva load of fun:thumbsup:

5. littledinosaurs

why are the red sox the gay term?

6. Prccgeek

it was the white sox actually. not the red sox, b/c chicago's two teams are the cubs and the white sox (everyone just calls them the sox around her, I forget there are other soxs. oops) It was random. there was no particular reason the white sox were gay and cubs not. totally random