1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...the 'rents know.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Bunny, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Bunny

Hi, EC.

It's been many months since I've last visited, but I've been kinda busy.

This is all working out better than I could've hoped. Thanks to my counselor, I'm out to both my parents (mom's totally supportive, dad's...not too thrilled) as transgender.

And now that I'm sixteen, I can legally make my own medical decisions.

The only thing in the way now is that I need a ride into Vancouver with a parent to see the psychiatrist and endocrinologist (they're both supposed to be really good) for my evaluation, and mom can't drive, and dad doesn't like the idea. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But hey, if I get that done, maybe I'll be cleared to start testosterone! Apparently my doctor here in town said he'd be fine with it.

Everything's gotten so much better, and it's thanks to my awesome counselor.

2. shorty

Aww, good for you. Sounds like life is heading in the right direction! (*hug*) Don't worry, your dad will likely come around.

3. EM68

Congrats! Keep us updated with how everything is going.

4. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    1 out of 2 is better than none. I'm glad you have support.

5. Halo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congratulation....that is a great news :slight_smile: it takes lots of courage.
    my girlfriend just had a sex change last year, I got to learn so much about transexuals...I find transexuals very attractive. My best wishes in your journey...keep us update

#5 Halo, Nov 6, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  6. Bunny

Thanks, guys!

I'm not quite sure what to do about it yet. My dad's the only one with a car, and I don't think he's going to want to drive me all the way to Van for something that he's totally against.

And in a way I kind of feel bad, I think my parents have been...arguing about it. I'd love to just find a ride and go with my mom, but then Dad would feel kind of betrayed. I don't want to pit them against eachother.

7. Just Adam

yes but you have a duty to yourself to be happy aswell and your parents if they love you tahts what they should ultimately want and i think you need to remind them of that.

8. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope things go really well for you. It must feel nice to have your mother's support, at least. A little support is better than no support. I think that you'reextremely couragous just for being who you are, and not being ashamed. That is just so totally awesome in my book. I wish you nothing nothing but the best, hon. (*hug*)