1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is Ugh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mydogstewie, Nov 6, 2009.

1. mydogstewie

Okay, so I'm bi and it's been spreading around the school. Some asshole that I hate found out and is spreading it to EVERYONE :tantrum:

I can't deny it, because he read someone's text messages

Now, I'm getting teased by people and I hate it :eusa_doh:

My friends are still by my side, but the hate over powers the love.

Ugh, what do I do?

2. shorty

Not much you can do, except be as strong as you can and not make a big deal of it when people try and tease you. You'll probably find they give up after a while if you just shrug your shoulders and act like its not a big deal. (which it isn't!) Hang in there, they will move onto someone else to tease eventually. (sheesh, takes me back to my childhood.. why can some kids be so mean. I guess they haven't developed empathy yet..)(*hug*)

3. gemerency

i personally find that as soon as something more interesting comes along, people will lay of. it really sucks you've been outed but there's not a whole lot you can do now but stay calm and wade it out. if you end up feeling threatened i recomend speaking with a councilor or teacher. they'll protect you and most of the time, they'll put a stop to it, Immediatly.

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Hhhmm... I would say wait for it to die down. If it gets to bad you could always tell a teacher or principal. Soon enough you'll be yesterdays news. At least your friends are sticking with you! Don't forget to keep us posted! =)

5. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could stop caring? That's generally what I do when people are assholes.

6. punkrocker99

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I would just shrug it off unless there's some type of hostile/negative reaction. If somebody bullies you because of it, or threatens you, then kick their ass. Gossip is one thing, but harassment is another.

7. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd wait till it dies down,but if some of them won't let up,I'd tell them how pathetic they are for having nothing better to do than make fun of somebody for who they are and boost their own ego,and kick their ass if you have too!

8. Nitro

Your coming out (or rather being forced out) is probably the most exciting non-academic thing going on in the school right now. When the news becomes old something else will come to take the spotlight away.

Now on to the matter of teasing:

Teasing can make one feel shame, self doubt, vulnerable. You have nothing to be ashamed of, and if you were confident enough to come out to one person, you have no reason for self doubt either. Try not to let the vulnerability show and the amusement for others will soon be lost.

You may find later on that queer or questioning individuals approach you for advice, fellowship, or perhaps even romantic interests. Individual results may vary.

9. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, keep in mind, teasing only works if you respond to it. I realize it's really hard, but if you can just not be defensive at all about it, they will lose interest. If they make insulting jokes about buttsex or whatever, just laugh it off, agree with their views, say "Hey, sorry you're hung up about it, but it isn't an issue for me" or something like that where you just act as though it has no effect on you.

Boys of middle and high school age can be complete assholes, but if you take away the responses they are hoping for, they'll soon lose interest.

10. x2x2x2x2y2

I can't remember the exact wording but it goes something like "someone can't make you feel inferior without your consent". Just ignore them and they will get bored.

11. CrimsonThunder

Thats all you need right there. You dont need to care about anyone else!

You must live in a small town for rumors to spread, that, or they just have nothing to do and should find something productive instead of spreading rumors. Cos rumors suck!

12. Jim1454

The more you make of it, the more they'll persist. If you just shrug it off as has already been suggested, it will be behind you before you know it. Because really, it IS an non-issue. Treat it like that. Act surprised that they don't have better things to do with their time.

Good luck.

13. x2x2x2x2y2

^exactly what he said.

14. Steve

Born in australia, but now living some where else
    you know what pisses people the most

when they try to pick on you and make you feel bad but you dont. it gets on their nerves
    and if you laught it out it makes them feel like they are failing

15. kurti

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeh do what everybody else has suggested, just don't make a big deal out of it.

it's unfortunate that this happened when you weren't ready, but it could be a blessing in disguise, and eventually it will lead to you being completely out and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

16. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I don’t wanna look like a pessimistic asshole but sometimes ‘not responding’ just doesn’t work, and I’m saying this as someone who was slightly bullied during high school (not due to my sexual orientation but it still applies) and because I’ve seen other kids who were harrassed on a daily basis and did nothing to defend themselves, which in most cases made matters worse. If you don’t do anything they might take it as a sign of weakness and attack even harder. I’m not suggesting that you punch them in the face, but perhaps you could answer in a way so that they get the idea that you aren’t some frail lil’ boy who gets everyone step on him. Being in a group always helps, can’t your friends stand by you when you’re being teased? If they see you’re not alone they might cease. The loners are usually the easy targets.

17. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

i dont want this to sound horrible but to make things a bit lighter for you, at least more and more people will know who you are. and i do agree with everyone else, these things tend to die down after time.

18. s5m1

If you let them know it bothers you, they will keep it up. On the other hand, if you hold your head up high, and say yeah, I am bi and proud, they are less likely to get a kick out of harassing you. It is only when you show that what they are saying bothers you that they will get a rise out of it.

Maybe take this as your opportunity to come out. It was not the time of your choosing (and you should have been able to choose that time) but maybe you should just go with it. I can tell you that life is a whole lot more fun on the outside of the closet.

19. Darkwing65

Yes life is Ugh. Or as the Buddhists put it Life is Dukkha. Or as some Spanish philosopher put it "La vida es de luchar" Life is a fight or a struggle.

Honestly my friend, your best bet is to hone up to it and don't let it bother you. Teasing only works if the teasie gets rilled up about getting picked on. If you show that its no big deal, picking on you will soon become no fun.

Good luck. Keep your chin up.

20. werekid

what i do when someone makes fun of me is smile cuz they only make fun of you is because they life suck more then your