1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this sound like a good idea?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by x2x2x2x2y2, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x2x2x2x2y2

So I was thinking. I'm going to start a college class in January, no one will know me there. What if I make a friend? Should I tell them I'm gay right off the bat? I mean I won't know them, so it's a fresh start. The only thing I worry about is that my older sis takes her kids to the daycare there, although she doesn't go to that college. My sis doesn't know I'm gay, only my mom. I hope I make a friend, I just think it would be nice telling someone I'm not completely friends with. Is this a good idea? My sis most likely won't find out but there's always a small chance and I'm not sure if I'm ready for her to. Thanks in advance! =)

2. Ralivar

First of all, let me say that its great that you are even considering doing this.

I think that in the end it depends on the person you decide on telling, if you are comfortable in telling them, then I say go ahead and do it. As you have said, the chances of your sis finding out are slim, so really what do you have to lose. Also I think it is easier to tell someone you don't really know all that well, when you compare it with someone you have known all your life.

I think that its a great chance and to do it, but in the end it is up to you.

3. x2x2x2x2y2

I think I'll go threw with it but I'm not sure cuz what if the person rejects me and doesn't wanna talk anymore or something stupid like that. I think people in college would be more open minded(compared to high schoolers). I'm not sure if can handle rejects yet though. Even if I don't really know the person it will be hard.

4. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've not been hiding my orientation at all to new people i've been meeting. i get it out of the way straight off the bat in most cases... except with stupid people.

5. x2x2x2x2y2

^lol how can you tell if they're stupid?

6. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    can usually tell that within a couple of minutes of speaking

though some people disguise their intellect well

7. x2x2x2x2y2

Lol true true

Thread Status: