1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Story So Far.....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Paragon, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Paragon

Paragon Guest

So far (as you may have seen in my other rather confusing thread) my friend came out to me out of nowhere! which i thought was nice, in response i came out to him and a mutual friend.
    A thing i neglected to mention was that my brother is gay, hes not out though, but i found some *cough* compromising videos and browsing history on his PS3 on more than 1 occaision (I'm nosey like that sometimes) but thats not really important and i'd never think about coming to him because we have a VERY deep hatred going back since infanthood (not like movie hatred where theres love underneath, HARDCORE hatred).
    Anyway tonight i sent a txt to another friend telling her i needed to tell her something important...
    Now I play the waiting game..
    i'd like to thank this site and its members for giving me the confidence to take these steps :grin:
    You guys are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. (*hug*)

2. Alex19

found vids? AWKWARD......

3. RainInAfrica

For some reason Irish siblings really don't get alont, too often :rolleyes:

4. NJCentralGary

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You're nosey bro...going through your brothers videos. LOVE IT!!! lol

5. Jim1454

I hope this next 'coming out' goes well too.

But really - life is too short to not get along with your own brother. You should try to mend some fences and get along.

6. Paragon

Paragon Guest

Just came out to my friend today, had a nice talk about it too :icon_bigg
    yay

7. Gaetan

Grats! :grin:

Do we get to hear any elaboration on it..?

8. Paragon

Paragon Guest

Huge update:
    Hi guys, yes it's been months, I kinda fell out of touch with the site, forgive me.
    Also, chances are this will be long, and my caps lock is semi-broken and my grammar will be as awful as ever...

Ok, let me go back, to after I had just told the 3rd person (still need to update my settings), ok school was pretty un-eventful from then on, and tbh i really didnt start coming out to more people until this year. Me, KT and 9 (the infamous confusing names from my other thread xD) often talk about homosexuality, who we like, who we think is hot, etc etc (a bi guy, gay guy, and straight girl tend to do that XD) and i love that.

Ok, so trying to remember, after coming out to the 3 i did, it wasnt until much later (but still 2009) that i came out to more. More being a tragic ex-girlfriend situation.

EX-GIRLFRIEND SITUATION: ok, before moving to a rural part of Ireland i lived in dublin, the capital city, i had tonnes of friends there, i was devastated to move, anyway through my best friend i met a girl called skank-face (nickname based on her actions). we were PERFECT together, it was adorable, she was all emo and whatnot, ANYWAY.
    After about 6 months i moved down the country, and long distance doesnt work, and despite best efforts, we broke up (in a bad way, not friendly).

About 6 months after breaking up i fell back into contact with her through a social network site, and being the nice guy that i am, left her a comment along the lines of
    "long time no see, the past is the past, how are you?" lol worst decision ever.
    She replied well and soon it seemed like we were bffs again. Eventually i explained to her why i was so weird when we were together, using cleverly disguised capital letters in a message i came out to her. the next day i get a text from the friend that introduced her (who had a dislike for skank-face, and who i later found out liked me).

This text basically ruined me, skank-face, despite how nice she was to me during the messaging, had SHOWN EVERYONE in her class, school, people i knew, people i didnt know, etc. I was crushed. knowing i wouldnt be able to take it back, but also knowing it didnt matter because i didnt live there anyway, i told the friend who informed me of the mess that i just said it to get rid of skank-face, and that it wasnt actually true.

Anyway she believed me so i decided to come out to her and a friend of hers, but they live far away back in dublin so are irrelevant.

BACK TO WHERE I LIVE: 9 has a big mouth, hes awesome, but hes loud, and excitable. This became apparent when he came out to everyone in our circle of friends, from then on he was absolutely "flaming" for lack of a better term. he is very effeminate lol.
    Anyway, since he told so many people at once, word got around, soon people would ask him, he would deny it to some, say yes to others, and after weeks of that kind of mess, he eventually confirmed it to a boy in me and 9's class (as most of the other people who asked him, including the ones he told himself, are a year below us).

And that was it, within the next 3 days, everyone knew, whats worse, everyone knew who he liked, because he didnt deny it. to this day i dont know why he didnt deny it when he was asked "do you really like _?" because wow.
    The first few days were horrible, the amount of laughs at his expense were more than i could handle, i thought i would be able to get his back, but it turns out im weaker than i thought i was, and i just watched on in horror as the joked, interviewed, and prodded him with sly insults disguised as "we are only joking" jokes. I still feel guilty about that.
    That was a while ago, nowadays its just an in-joke with the class, whenever he (or the boy he likes) comes into any kind of conversation it just turns into the usual frenzy of gay jokes regarding them (despite the fact the boy he likes is straight, and not friends with 9). 9 is no longer himself in the eyes of everyone at school, he's just "the gay boy" and that sickens me.

Enough about him: I came out to 1 or 2 other close friends after 9 came out, and eventually 9's determination to not be alone in this (he knew i was bi all along, but he also knew i didnt want out) got the better of him. Very recently (being last week) he confirmed to a group of friends (friends, not good friends, but more than aqquaintances) that i was bi, but it was while i wasnt present.

Later that day i was talking to one of those friends, and as we went back to class she giggled "Byeeeeeeeeeee" with the rest of her group (bye of course sounding like bi), i knew instantly, i turned to 9 and said "that was weird" but didnt mention why.

He bit his nail and said "do they know?"
    and i was like "what no!?"
    and he was like "they do now"
    >:C

he told me they asked and "someone" had told them. i was upset, so for that entire lunchbreak i talked to another very close friend (10) about it, i told her that i didnt want them to know, and i wouldve told them when i was ready, she said she understood, and she came out to me as bi herself. Before that lunchbreak ended we tracked down 9, scolded him (LOL), and we tracked down each of the girls he told and i told them that it was really serious, and i didnt want them to joke or talk about it. I usually joke around, so when they saw i was serious the got the message.

which brings us to now, im on study leave before my big exams start, and to be honest i haven't opened a book this whole year, in a mix of lazieness and not caring, i havent studied once, with less than a week until the biggest exams of my school life so far.
    Add to that seperate family issues and the usual teenage self-hate and im kinda depressed these days, but i just thought i would update you guys, i hope i wasnt too difficult to understand, i tend to ramble...

9. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, that is quite the update. And quite the mass coming-out and being outed.

Congrats first of all about finding the courage to come out to some more people. Even if some of them proved less than trustworty (though I can see how 9's desire to not be alone in this got the better of him), it's still nice that you were able to take the step. And is seems like quite a few of them were pretty supportive!

About being outed to a lot of people: I can understand that it's tempting to go into "damage-control mode" and start denying things. Though, on the other side, if they don't seem to mind, it might be best to just roll with it, and go "yes, I'm bi. So what?". If you're utterly casual about it, often other people will be too.

Now, That said, just get your books open and study! It's better if you study during the year, obviously, but it's not too late to still get good results! So if you do a next update after the exams, I demand nothing less than a success story! :wink:

10. Paragon

Paragon Guest

Thanks ^^
    tbh, if i got mass outed, i would TOTALLY go damage control on a biatch, im way too fragile xD
    anyway, had my first exam today, english, my consistently best subject, went fantastic, though im wondering if the examiner can refuse to grade it because of its content (The pope was assassinated in my essay X_X but it was totally a random decision)
    Irish language tomorrow, ewwwwwwww

also, i plan on coming out to 2 more people before the exams end, one of them has been nothing but a friend since i met her, nicest person ive ever met, have no idea why i didnt come out to her sooner

11. Apocalypte

Leaving Cert? Good luck tomorrow! :eek:

8 years on and I still have nightmares about that shit

12. Paragon

Paragon Guest

D: Oh goodness no, if it was the leaving I'd frickin kill myself studying!
    Junior, I'm only 15 :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Thanks for the well-wishes *e-hug*