1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My experience..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by noodle22, Nov 11, 2009.

1. noodle22

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Im new and I thought I would share my experience. I came out about 5 years ago. I came out to both my parents at the same time, I was visiting them on a weekend and had to officially tell them cause I needed there help moving in with my bf at the time lol. I sat them both down before they were going to go to bed and just told them, my mom said "so?" and then she said I was so serious when I said i needed to talk to them she thought i was dying or needed drug money or something lol. It wasnt a big shock to them. I didnt really need to come out to any one else, it was pretty much public knowledge. Me and my dad are closer now that I have told them. I have been with a new guy for the last 3 years and my mom likes him more than she likes me I think. We spend all the holidays with my family and have not had an issue with anybody. So anyways my life has been amazing since I told them and I have the best guy in the world! Sooo thats my story, thanks for reading! :icon_bigg

2. revolutionrock

Very cute. Congrats!

3. Charme

Charme Guest

Your parents are awesome! And exactly how I expect my mom to react haha. It's good that your parents are getting along with your bf and that you guys spend the holidays with the family is sooo cute. The fact that you and your dad are closer after you came out makes me jealous! You're lucky to have a dad like that! Haha thanks for sharing~!

4. RaeofLite

Wow, that's awesome. :grin: I hope I can have a long term girlfriend sometime and she'll have a good raport with my parents like that (once they've cooled off about my 'news' a bit more). :slight_smile:

*fist pound to a fellow BCer!*

5. Emberstone

congrads. For a while, I thought my being gay had put a wedge between me and my dad to some extend. I was always closer to my mom. my dad and brother are both runners, and my mother and I are both musicians and artists. my dad however seems to be accepting it more fully now, and I think since he started reading my manuscript, he actually is starting to see me better now. He always worried that I was not achiving anything, and that I was wasting my life, and I think in the beginning of him knowing I am gay, he felt it was just another failure and that I was once more wasting myself.

I think he is now seeing that I do have a direction, that I have achieved things that surprise even his expectations, and that me being gay is in no way changing who I am.

6. guacj

Thats great! I hope that my parents react the same way when I tell them!

7. JB1986

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Aawww, that's such a cute story. Congrats! :grin:

8. Zero Beat

Wikid, way to go. :slight_smile: Wish mine where like that :slight_smile:

9. werekid

10. Starburst

Indianapolis, IN, USA & Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
    Wonderful! Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile: