1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at a night club

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RaeofLite, Nov 14, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

I'm already out (to those who know me, ask etc). I'm not butch, I'm not femme. I dress on a multitude of whatever I feel like basically. So I can pass as straight, butch, inbetween at times.

The other night I went clubbing. I was dressed pretty femme, except for a small rainbow belt. A woman approached me asking if I was bi. I said, 'no. I'm gay." She was surprised (I guess I didn't fit the 'stereotype' at the moment.) But she said, 'oh yea, I'm bi too." "No, I'm gay." "Really? You don't loook gay." This caused me to eyeroll. Her guy friends were standing nearby watching of course. She proceeded to tell me how hot it would be to makeout with me. Which I said no to. I don't just makeout with random chicks I don't know, plus, she was just doing it for show. I'm not an experiment..

Gosh we need a gay club in my region. There's no gay club for 400km around. Just the occasional dance every couple months.

I'm just wondering if anyone else here has had issues with being noticed as gay at clubs and feels slightly frustrated?

2. Legnaj

Legnaj Guest

don't just makeout with random chicks I don't know, plus, she was just doing it for show:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Yeah I went to a gay club and all the striaght ladies kept comming on to me. I was like "damn this is a GAY CLUB go find a hookup at some other club." I got to dance with one guy....ONE GUY!...:tantrum:... errrrr. Yea its hard, I feel ya, been wondering that same thing though.

3. Silvermark

Seems not enough people know the colour of the bisexual flag xD

I should try that sometime though; wearing something rainbow-esque *rambles*

And I don't get noticed that often; I'm really not obvious about it. Strange really... I mean I -do- stare at guy's asses and I still pass as straight >.>
    Despite the age, I have been to a few clubs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Alex19

omg ur so right. she was doin it for show. u should have told her to go find another straight girl to impress the boys with.

5. Just Adam

my problem is with the lgbt people who go to the clubs where ive been themselves...the local pub teh only lgbt place withen about 2 hours is well crap :S and its liek going into a local with everyone a regular and about 20 people at most:S

then teh bigger city they all seem to be kids, guys with insane bodies dressed to give it away ...or old guys that just look awkward...

im allways like >.> ffs ill never meet anyone to even chat to like this....

as far as peopel miss labeling ....im fed up of people seeing me in an lgbt environment and assuming im gay i say no i say pansexual and they say im bi... happened wednesday

on wednesday i said no it doesent mean im bi and i got said too so what do i sleep with animals is that it :frowning2: oh so missunderstood... humans.

6. Emberstone

wish I had the nerve to go to a gay club. I have no dancing rythem, and am naturally shy... afraid I would make a ass of my self even trying to dance. That, and I am afraid someone would expect that because I am at a gay club, I am up for anything.

7. RaeofLite

You should grab one of your friends and go. Don't get too drunk (so you don't lose your inhibitions) and just have fun! Once people get super drunk and clubs get packed, people don't really care how you dance. :grin:

8. adam88

I think that chick was confusing "bisexuality" with "being an attention whore". Unfortunately, this is common enough to be a stereotype. :frowning2:

9. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better than clubs here. Guys are taking others into the washrooms to have sex. It's revolting. (I mean the risk of being caught is hot, but why would you actually act it out?)

10. RaeofLite

She totally was. I know the difference between a valid bi chick and attention whore. And I feel bad for the bisexual people out there. You don't need stupid people like this to muddy your orientation. :frowning2: She was acting like it was a choice and you can just "switch" to impress her few guy friends standing nearby.

11. Silvermark

Not only does it create false stereotypes for the orientation, it makes you seem greedy when you say you're bisexual.
    Just today I told someone I was bisexual and they just practically insulted me for not being either gay or straight; instead being greedy and wanting both.
    For ****S sake. Not all bisexuals are promiscious. And how can straight people act so innocent? They're the most promiscious of the lot!

Ahh well. She was an attention whore. Just get the gun.

#11 Silvermark, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  12. eXaphania

eXaphania Guest

Agreeing with both posts above^

It gives us bisexuals a terrible name and just prompts me to want to stay closeted because in my current situation, all it seems to attract are A) guys who wants to watch girl/girl action, B) straight girls wanting to give the guys a thrill or C) straight girls who crave any kind of relationship so she'll settle for a girl.
    I am no longer friends with one such girl who just claimed one day that she's going to try being a lesbian, because she wants to be in a relationship.

People shouldn't just up and decide to choose these things. :frowning2: