1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!I finaly did it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by TroubledRyan, Nov 20, 2009.

1. TroubledRyan

I did it guys,i finaly told my best freind!but...

Well the response,i think i told the wrong person,because im pretty sure she liked me...but she denied it...like,we were alone,and...i was like i got somthing to tell you,she was askign what i just looked down and blushed...and she gessed it,but it felt so weird!and great,but her response was horrible,she like denied it and said i wasnt,and...like,i have ben talking to her on phone,but...i don't know

2. paco

paco Guest

sometimes when we come out to people, we expect them to take it worse than they actually do, and just expecting that makes us believe that they have. so our minds start playing tricks on us and we think that theres an awkward turtle in the room. it may not be at all for her, but since you feel it, it becomes true.

i could be wrong, she could feel weird about it, but it sounds like she's accepting enough and she will get over it soon. and the occasional gay reference or self inflicted gay joke to make her laugh might make things easier on her.

anyway, congratulations on coming out and good luck

3. TroubledRyan

haha,thanks,and i dont think it will ruin her freindship,but im pretty sure she liked me,so i feel bad for putting the burden on her,maybe i should have told one of my other freinds

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! First off, congrats on coming out! :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to hear though that your friend 'denied it.' Sometimes, it can take a couple of days for friends to come around to it, or to really process it all. For some, they fear that this means that the friendship will be different. It will be different but in a good way because you are yourself and allow her the chance to get to know you a lot better. As Paco mentioned, try to engage her. Try to tell her that it was a relief for you to let her know because she is someone that you value as a friend and that her friendship means a lot to you. Show her that you are still the same friend, which will allow her to see that nothing has changed.