1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Coming out" in the laundry??

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by RaeofLite, Nov 28, 2009.

1. RaeofLite

My gaydar is getting pretty good... I can pretty much pinpoint curiousity, bisexuals, gay ladies, and definately queer now.

I've lived with a landlady for over a year... and I thought right away she was either a bit socially shy or she was awkward around me (for some reason)... so I put the thought away, and didn't really think about it till today.

..When I opened the drier and washer, I noticed some of her clothes. One was this fabulous (I mean fabulous) rainbow stripped tshirt in thin bands across it. It looked older (as in 90s, early '00s) style. That flipped my gaydar. Now.. I know we don't techincally "own" the rainbow. But something that big, kinda stands out you know? They were in the six different colours repeated over and over. And I'm kinda jealous cuz I want the shirt now. lol

If she walked into my room it'd be easy to tell I was gay. Lword DVDs, rainbow beads, rainbow flag. :newcolor:

But that aside, I'm wondering if she's queer... I'm just wondering of course it wouldn't make a difference to me.

i)She never talks about boyfriends or guys except the occasional hot remark on Supernatural
    ii) She geeks out like I do with Stargate, Smallville and the Space channel (I know, straight women can do that too)
    iii) She never brings anyone home or over here. Guy or girl.
    iv) She gave me this kind of longing (at least it seemed like a longing look) when I had an ex gf over during the summer. Us and the other roomie had dinner together.
    v) She still seems awkward meeting my eyes. Maybe she's still shy but I don't know...

Thoughts?

2. pteen

Sounds Queer to me. Is this out of curiosity or do you like her?

3. RaeofLite

Just out of curiousity.

4. Nick

Does she know that you're queer ?

If you're comfortable with talking to her about it, do so. It may encourage her to come out to you (if she is queer, that is) or it may give you some signs based on her reaction.

5. RaeofLite

Well I've had two girlfriends over in the past. And... we've done stuff in my bedroom. And I'm pretty sure she's come into my room (even though she's not allowed I know) because someone left the light on when I came back from school a few times--And I always turn the lights off, even if it's just to go downstairs to make something to eat/do the laundry.

And I do have rainbow and other gay friendly things in my room. :slight_smile: