1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A friend, to some.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Jjboy, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It was about 1 year ago that I told my best friend (Same sex) that I was Bisexual and he didn't think much of it but still asks me questions about. It was only a few weeks ago that my two next closest friends found out (one girl one guy). When my guy friend heard it out of my mouth, his face dropped to the ground as I told him, "Yeah I like someone, but this time.. It's not a girl". The girl took it lightly but they both support me 100%. Over time I told my openly gay friend about it because he felt a vibe from me but wasn't sure, so he asked me and I told him the truth. Around 3 other people know now and they are all very happy I told them and they also know my crush too. I tried telling my dad at one point but he just tried to change me and that did not work so well for me. Last Monday, I lost my best girl friend because she leaked it to someone and I had to find out from her twin sister. She begged and begged, but it didn't change my mind and I never want to talk to her again. My crush will know tomorrow as he is very interested and curious to find out what I have to tell him thats so important. I'm so nervous right now but I have noticed so many signs and that is like the only reason I am actually going to do it this early. We talk so often (everyday), see each other, laugh with each other, and enjoy each other's presence. When he waves to me, it makes my day. So tomorrow is the big day for me, if I get him, I will just faint, If i don't and hes not gay, it was worth a try.

2. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    I'm sorry that you lost your best friend. From how you described it here, it seems to me like you may want to think a little deeper into that choice though. The fact that she begged to still be your friend says a lot, she doesn't want to lose you. I really hate to see relationships go sour, and from the little you've said here, I think it is still in your power to make it better.

3. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well she was a mess in many ways anyways so I'm sort of glad because everytime we would talk she would just want to tell me her problems and not listen to mine, her twin sister on the other hand is the kindest person I have ever met and she will actually listen to me.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on your coming out journey thus far. :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about your best friend. Although losing friends is never easier, it looks like that you are okay with it and feel that it was the right decision.

Did you come out to your crush? How did it go?

5. EM68

Good luck with coming out to your crush!

6. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It didn't go as planned because he's not gay, but then again, he is still young as he is only 14 and I'm 15 so if he ever gets curious, he knows who to look for :wink:

It took me about a day and a half to accept the fact, but all I really needed was my friend's support and fun so now I feeling great and ready to look for someone new.