1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We had the talk.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by guacj, Dec 9, 2009.

1. guacj

So I have posted a couple times about how I want to tell my girlfriend that I am gay, but just didnt know how to. Well we talked the other day, and now she knows. The weird thing is she brought it up. She asked where we were going and said "I know were not getting married", and when I asked why she told me that she knows that I am gay. I was so relieved and we are actually a little closer now, in a friendly way. We talked some more tonight and said that she just needs some time to get used to not being together.

She asked me when I decided I didnt want to be with her and why I didnt tell her sooner. I told her that I never thought that I would come out but I just couldnt go on hiding it anymore. I also told her that I regret not coming out sooner because the last thing I wanted to do was hurt her, and that I know that it hurts. She said that it does, and I told her that I am so glad that she has been as accepting as she is being.

I am so happy that it is out in the open now. I have had a smile on my face for the past two days.

Thanks for all of the support that everyone has given me!

2. s5m1

Congratulations on taking this big step! I know how relieved you must now feel.

3. RaeofLite

Well, considering the magnitude of what you had to tell her. I'm glad it went that well. :grin:

Congrats. (*hug*) Welcome to day one of freedom.

4. mmilam75

Congratulations! I had to have that talk several months ago...very awkward and potentially disastrous. Glad things went so well!

:eusa_clap

5. Jjboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats bro. Boyfriend time now! :wink:. Hopefully everything goes your way as you come out to more people!

6. fanfreek

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congrats man :slight_smile: It takes a lot of guts to do that.

7. EM68

Congrats! Hope you guys now move on and remain friends.

8. lostinthought9

Wow, congratulations! :grin:
    I can only imagine the relief you must feel right about now. haha

9. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great that she is taking it so well. I hope you two can remain close friends. :slight_smile:

Congratulations! (!)

10. Jim1454

I'm glad that's behind you. Congratulations!

Remember that while this is a huge relief to you, it's a real blow to her. She doesn't have anything new to look forward to like you do. You've made progress, and she has had a set back. So try to be as supportive and understanding and empathetic as you can be. She'll appreciate it, and it will help the two of you to stay friends in the future.

11. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on coming out to her. That's great! :slight_smile:

It's great that you feel that it has brought you closer. But as Jim mentioned try to support her as much as you can. That will ensure that the new found closer friendship will continue.

12. guacj

THanks for all of the support and congratulations that you akk have sent my way! We will be living together until May so I know that support is the one thing that she needs from me as much, or even more than, I need from her. I can see that this hurts her which hurts me so much, but I know that in the end we will both be better for having this discussion now rather than later. We talk a little more every day and that helps me and I can see that she realizes that this was not my choice and is trying to understand why it took me so long to tell her, but she said with time she will understand which is totally understandable.

Thanks again!

13. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I dated a gay guy, then he comes out to me as straight I would be pissed.

Chances of that happening is low, but still good thing she's taking it that well. A little too well.

14. guacj

Well she did tell me that she is bi and admits that her "curiosities" have become stronger over the years, but she is still attracted to men so she doesnt think she is gay. I think that might be why she is taking it so well.

15. x2x2x2x2y2

congrats!!! i love that shes so accepting. you have an awesome gf...well ex gf!! lol :slight_smile: