1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The family fun begins.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by shorty, Dec 14, 2009.

1. shorty

I was just chatting with my oldest sister on the phone. We have always been the two closest siblings, as she was a wild child, and we used to get up to all sorts of no good as kids. My brother who was the middle child was kindof the odd one out..

Anyway, she had a kid early on in life, but one day at home when I was 16 whilst I was there with a friend, she made out with a girl friend in front of me and it sortof shocked me. We have never spoken of it since, but after her marriage ended she has never really had a boyfriend. The gay dude in me suspects she may be gay, but is still in denial possibly, otherwise she is hiding that part of her, or she really doesn't like being in a relationship. I'm not sure which to think, but i'll wait for her to tell me I suppose.

So, I just rang her trying to organise a lift for the family xmas lunch and usually we don't talk at all about our personal relationship status. Its kindof like an unspoken rule between us, we are the two bachelor/spinsters of the family. Oddly though, this time my sister asked me when I was going to start a brood, which is actually a bit odd. I told her that I won't be having kids but didn't expand on it.

Fast forward five short minutes and I just had to spill the beans. I told her via text that I was gay, and so that was that. Havent heard back yet, so wish me luck!

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey congrats on taking that step! I'm sure it will be fine, but definitely post an update once you hear back :slight_smile:

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on sending the text! Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

4. Eleanor Rigby

Congratulations :slight_smile: I hope everything will turn for the best

5. RaeofLite

Congrats! It is the season for Christmas shinanagans. (!) :slight_smile:

If she is gay or bi, having you out in the open being gay (or at least out to her) would probably help. She'd likely feel more comfortable knowing and coming to talk to you (if this is the case).

6. adam88

I'll back up Rae's post. It's a lot easier coming out to someone if you know their opinion of homosexuality in the first place, and if she knows that you're gay, maybe it'll help her open up. :slight_smile:

7. shorty

Well, I just got a text back from her. She didn't check her phone untill this morning and she said it made her laugh. Lol, sheesh, sounds like she thought I was joking! Oh well, i'll wait till she rings me next I guess and see what she says.

8. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd count that as a good reaction! It's a bit puzzling to divine the exact meaning... Maybe she did think you were joking. Or maybe she's just happy because you are now open about it. Or maybe she didn't manage to accurately convey what she meant over text.

In any case, congrats on telling her! And do let us know how the phonecall goes.

9. shorty

I wasn't sure how the hell I was going to deal with my sisters reply, but after a few beers I got so annoyed that I had to reply asking why she actually found it amusing and that I wasn't joking.

Looking forward to her text in the morning.

For some reason this episode has really pissed me off about being gay. I'm feeling annoyed about having to admit it/explain it/avoid it and whatever shit we have to go through. For the first time in ages I just wish I didn't have to go through all this bullshit.. :frowning2:

10. x2x2x2x2y2

Congrats on telling your sis!! Dont be mad bout having to go through all this! Its better then keeping your sexuality a secret, even if you gotta go through some stuff. Good luck and keep us posted! :slight_smile:

11. shorty

Hah, well I guess she just thinks its funny in the end. The reply to my last message was that she thought it was funny because she wouldn't have ever thought I was gay and everyone thinks I have kids all over the country that I haven't told them about.. :slight_smile:

12. x2x2x2x2y2

haha thats funny. :slight_smile: congrats on telling your sis and for having a cool sis!!