1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brother

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by goratrix, Sep 11, 2005.

1. goratrix

Hey, I just came out to my brother... we went out for lunch, we talked about a lot of things and I finally told him after about two hours...

We drove arround the city talking for like another hour... and he took it great...

I'm so happy right now :slight_smile:

2. JonB321

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Mazel Tov!!!!! Falicitaciones!!!!! that's great, having a brother is great, and having a brother who loves you is great.

3. popboy

Congrats Cicciux! Glad to know everything went fine!
    You're an inspiring influence to me, really. I know someday (hopefully soon) I'll have the guts to keep such conversation with my little sister (who's 23, so she's not that little actually). It's something I've been putting off for months, and in fact she's the only one in my family with whom I'd feel OK to talk about it. I have this damn inertia to keep things the way they are, when actually I don't feel comfortable anymore. You remind me that it is possible and healthy to open up a little bit more. Well, more than a little bit actually! Thank you! :slight_smile:

4. goratrix

She knows what kind of music you like, belive me, she knows. ;-)

Besides, most likely she's in dennial, a 30 y.o. who never had a gf... and you are not what I would call ugly (perhaps not as hot as AC, but then again, to my eyes nobody is... XD) but you are good looking (those who don't believe me can check his avatar :-D) and you are a good guy... so perhaps it's time to poke someone in the arm a little more... if you know what I mean :grin:

5. nisomer

hey congrats!! just curious, was this brother older or younger? and what was his initial response when you told him?

6. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations... that's really great!

7. goratrix

He's older, he's actually 23. And his response was surprise, he was like: are you serious?

8. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Although he took it fine and is ost unlikely to have any issues with it, just be prepared that he may seem a bit "off" for a little while, while the news sinks in. He'll be thinking about this in his own time and may have some doubts or concerns on how this will affect you, your relationship with him and the rest of the family. It may have no effect, but be aware of the posibility.

Oh and CONTRATULATIONS!!!! (!) (!) (!)

9. popboy

Yeah, I'm playing Pet Shop Boys right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Thanks for the compliments... you almost managed to make me forget the fact that you are reminding me I'm turning 30 this year.
    My avatar has a weird resemblance with my real self, do you agree? :grin:

My last sort-of coming out involved poking a co-worker in the arm... funny story ...for another thread.

#9 popboy, Sep 12, 2005
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  10. BlackCherryBLN

Brothers

Well, my brother was a bit of an idiot about it. He is older (like 15 years older), and when he said "do you like my girlfriends hooters" I replied "hooters are not really my thing..." He said "are you gay?" - and I said, "yeah, actually I am".
    His reply was: "Don't you think ot would be a better deal to be bi at least, that would double you chances of having a date on Saturday".

So after all, it was quite funny, that was the last time we ever spoke about it, actually, that was 6 years ago, and the last time we ever spoke!

But lately he is trying to contact me - I'm not really hot about him having contact with me. He really is an idiot. I have three more sisters, and they are all great!

But, oh, yes, Congratulations - shows you that there are different kinds of brothers around!