1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This... really wasn't planned. At all.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SaturdaySaviour, Dec 22, 2009.

1. SaturdaySaviour

Well, before I start, I feel obliged to say hi to everyone and stuff, I'm new here after all. Lurking around this site helped me a lot. *thumbs up*

Since I'm opening a thread in this section, with this title, I think you can already guess what happened. This is the first person I've come out to and it's a person that means much to me. We became fairly close during the summer and I really hadn't known her well before that... at all, actually.

This was like... an hour or two ago. We went to the hairdresser's together (along with another friend, but she left us earlier...) and after that we went to the mall for a coffee. We had a pretty serious talk about some stuff like school and her mother, so to keep our minds off that she started asking me... questions. She recently entered a relationship with a guy and suddenly she asked me how me and my ex started ours.

Pffff, this needs a little background story. I still don't know what I am, gay or bi or... whatever. My questioning started a few months ago and in September I got an opportunity to test myself. This guy was nice... tall and good looking in general. We started dating, but I always thought it was pretty tiring, there was nothing attractive at kissing him and it wasn't such a surprise that it ended after three weeks. (yeah, he broke it off and soon got another girlfriend. ouch. XD) What really happened in those three weeks... I realized how much I fell for this girl... And damn it felt good. Yeah, I know this story isn't the most brilliant one and I feel like I used that guy.

Shall we proceed, then? So, we had a coffee and when she started asking me questions about him and I answered everything she asked. But, she knows me too well not to notice my strange reactions and I just... told her - how that was a mistake and that I didn't like him as much as I thought. After asking me if I like anybody, I was silent and I just felt like it was the right time. I told her everything, but just left out that important detail... It's a girl. ouch. Yeah, I told her that in the end and I begged her not to judge me. I swear I couldn't sit still and my knees were shaking like crazy.

I told her like million times how uncomfortable I was... All she told me was that she thinks that's perfectly normal and that she isn't so straight herself, BUT she has a vision of her life in the future, with a husband and a family. That was really nice to hear. After that she almost burst into tears telling me something.. that I just can't share that with all of you people. But I feel so close to her after all this, we went through such an awkward silence and agreed not to share this with anybody else. Just like nothing happened.

It's time to go to beed, but I don't think I'll sleep so much tonight. Sorry if there are some mistakes or non sense, I'm pretty tired and English isn't my first...

:slight_smile:

2. Ander Blue

Copenhagen, Denmark (normally Troy, New York)
    First off, it's awesome to have you at EC! Thank you for sharing this, and I'm so glad for you that it's worked out for you. Congratulations on being able to tell someone how you truly feel.:thumbsup:

3. Ralf

pwhoar, good english tbh then!!!
    ~
    anyway, you must be very brave!
    I failed at telling my fmily on three occasions, and i eventually did it through e-mail.
    but anyway, that's great!!! congratulations!

4. x2x2x2x2y2

Welcome!! and congrats on coming out to your first person!! :slight_smile:

5. RaeofLite

Congrats! The first is always the hardest but it'll get easier. You came to the right place to find love and support on everything queer related. :slight_smile:

And you have pretty amazing English considering it's not your first language. What is your first language?

6. SaturdaySaviour

Thanks, people! I'm not the bravest person ever and I just chickened out too many times. I'm really glad to have this off my chest now.

It's nice to know that 10 years of taking lessons have payed off. My first language is Croatian and uh...well, it's obvious where I live. Not exactly the best place for the gay population.

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I seem to be coming out to people that way these days. They'll ask "so how's the girl situation these days?" and I say "Well, non-existant ha ha ha" and they go, "aw that's too bad" so I say "No it's not, i'm gay."

8. SaturdaySaviour

Haha, that must've been quite a surprise :slight_smile:

9. adam88

Great job coming out to someone! Feels much better, doesn't it?

As an aside, my grandmother is Croatian. :slight_smile:

10. SaturdaySaviour

I feel so much better with myself now. I'm really proud of my friend because she dealt with this pretty well. :lol:

High five for your grandmother! We may be a small nation, but you can find us anywhere.