1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pronoun slip at work... oops!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Mugwump, Dec 22, 2009.

1. Mugwump

A girl I have a mega crush on invited me out tonight, and I got her message while I was at work. I was bouncing around the office, and I told one of the girls I work with what had happened. She asked me where were were going, and I was focussing so hard on not telling her I was going to a gay bar, that I totally forgot to not say "she"!! I was like "she... Oh, um, he... she... he... it's a she". She didn't mind at all, so it was all good. I still can't believe I made the slip, though. See what crushes do to you?! I am usually so careful!

2. RaeofLite

Aw... Pronouns won't be so bad once you're out to more people. And you're an adult so it's all good. :slight_smile:

We're not considered "aliens" to most people anymore. But good for you. I know what you're going through, I went through it too. ^_^

3. Gin Uh Fur

Gin Uh Fur Guest

sweet on the crush thing and omg i cant count the times i slipped up before coming out.

4. Jtonka1

I steered clear of none unisex pronouns at work all the time but looking back i think that was a BIG hint itself. I can remember talking to a girl at work about my ex's or someone i was interested in and I would use "They" and "them". As in she would ask "Where are you going tonight?" I would reply with "They want to go see -Insert movie title here-" and she always used the same words. Them and they. So I knew she knew but she was being respectful.

5. JakeBHT

In a way it was a positive thing then!

el
    xxx