1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pushed Out of the Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by SilhouetteDream, Dec 23, 2009.

1. SilhouetteDream

So this was my first time coming out, this time to my mom. Although I was really pushed out rather then just coming out. ( I tend to go on and on so this might be a bit long)

So I was eating dinner with my mom last night. It was just my mom and I, my sister was in another room and my dad was on the second floor. My mom had just gotten off the phone with my aunt and she's babbling on about all the people in her life that drive her crazy- her mom, her sisters, husband, and then I gave her a look like :grin:, as to say "But not me, right?"
    And my mom says, "Nah, not my gay daughter."
    And so I looked at her (I could only imagine what my face looked like) and was like "...no.." but she gave me the "we-both-know-you're-not-straight,-Laura" look and I just sorta knew that was it. I was out. I mean, she had dropped TONS of hints in the last month or so that totally hinted that she knew, but I never thought she would come out for me. So I just sorta admitted it. And she was like "It's totally okay, imagine bringing a girl over for Sunday dinner!" And she just seemed genuinely happy for me. While she's saying this though, I'm crying because it totally took me off guard, and I was not planning to come out this way at all. In fact, I was sorta pissed at first. I thought that she didn't have the respect for me to let me come out on my own.
    Anyways, while all this is happening, my dad comes from upstairs and I have to stop crying and pretend like nothing happened. My mom and I didn't even get to finish talking.
    Anyways, fast foward to after we make christmas cookies, I'm in bed sleeping. Sorta upset. Then at around...8:30 or so my mom comes in and we finally get to talk. And I'll just sum up some of the things she mentioned.
    She said that she loves me unconditionally, and who I love, no matter what gender, could never change that. She just wants to see me happy, like any parent does.
    She said that she didn't see it as her "pushing" me out. She made the point that hetero people don't need to "come out", and she was rather just stating the truth. There was no need to "come out", but rather just acknowledge "the real Laura" as she said.
    She said the reason she "pushed me out of the closet" was because she wanted to be there for me as someone to talk to. She said she knows it must be extremely difficult, but she wants to be there every step of the way. And she doesn't want the hidden truth to prevent that.

My question to her was, "How did you know?"
    She responded: "Well it was always quite obvious, I mean, the Halloween costume when you were what, seven? A knight with a sword and armor? I mean, come on."
    And we both started laughing.
    And last, but not least, she was like "Oh! You're going to love your Christmas present!
    At this point I'm thinking: "Dear lord she bought me a pride flag or something." xD
    Rather, she ran into the other room and gave me my early Christmas present:
    [​IMG]
    Which I'm wearing now, and wore to school.

So all in all, although I didn't come out when I wanted to, it was a great coming out. In fact, I'm glad my mom did so, I don't know when/if I ever would have come out if she hadn't helped me. It made for a happy Christmas. :slight_smile:
    Thanks to anyone who read!

#1 SilhouetteDream, Dec 23, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  2. Connor22

YAY your out to your mum and she's cool with it YAY again!!

3. RaeofLite

WOW.

That has got to be one of the happiest coming out stories I've read thus far. (*hug*) I wish everyone had family as supportive as yours! But I'm happy for you. :grin: And that's an AWESOME pride ring. I'll have to look into getting myself a pride ring too.

Congrats. Welcome to the land outside the closet. :grin:

4. Kevin42

Kevin42 Guest

It sounds like your mother is very sweet and really loves you. Congrats!

5. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Amazing. I love how she just is so fine with it and even bought you a gay pride ring. :slight_smile:

Congrats on coming out Laura. (*hug*)

6. Anarchy3825

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Congrats!!!!!! I'm glad you have such a loving mother!!!!

7. Melissa

Oh wow, I would consider that the best Christmas present ever. Your mom is extremely loving. Heartfelt congratulations! I am so very happy for you! The ring is amazingly beautiful too! (!):eusa_clap(!)

8. JakeBHT

This actually made me cry...I think I want your mother! She was just so lovely about it all. Love the ring by the way...I would ask where she got it but I live in england!

9. Thisisnew

Congrats Laura! Your mom sounds amazing, I'm happy it went so well for you! :slight_smile:
    Oh and, the ring is awesome. :grin:

10. Elesbian47

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    made me cry, too. Your mom is awesome.

11. paco

paco Guest

your mom sounds AMAZING. like seriously. wow.

also, great ring. i like rings, especially if they spin.

12. mischa91

Congratulations, your mom sounds amazing! The rings really beautiful, really nice idea of hers.

13. adam88

I like the nice stories that get posted on here. :slight_smile: Congrats.

14. EM68

Congrats! Love the ring!

15. Mickey

Wow! That's an awesome story! More moms should be this way. The ring must have shocked you! I have 2 of my own,I like yours a lot.
    Thanks for sharing your story. It's always a pleasure to read great coming out stories. Congratulations!

16. SaturdaySaviour

Wow. Your mom is so great! This will be a remarkable Christmas for you. :slight_smile:

That ring is absolutely lovely.

17. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Should be in a movie

18. Shevanel

Aww Laura :slight_smile: (*hug*) I'm glad you have such an awesome mother :slight_smile: Congrats :slight_smile:

19. Apocalypte

Your mom is ridiculously awesome. :slight_smile: Congratulations!

20. SilhouetteDream

Aww thanks so much everyone, the support here is overwhelming. (*hug*)
    And thanks on my mom's behalf, I know she would be flattered by what you all said. :lol:
    Oh and JakeBHT, the ring is actually on Amazon. Just search celtic ring under jewlery and it's on the third or fourth page or so. :slight_smile: