1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might never see him again.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Courtneyyy, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Courtneyyy

So, the first person I ever came out to was my friend's boyfriend, Geoff. I told Geoff, that he could tell his bf, Sean (the original friend). Since then, Sean and Geoff have broke up, and Sean is now with a new guy, Gabe. (Sean and I went to highschool together in Arizona, but now he goes to college in New York, so I haven't seen too much of him since August, but Sean hosted a party last night in his (mom's) house. Gabe was there.

So anywho, back to the party. Ok, party might be too strong of a word. It was a few friends drinking at a friend's house. Nothing too special. A little beer pong, a little flip cup. So, I'm in the kitchen (along with many other people) talking to Gabe. I don't entirely remember how this conversation went, but Gabe was saying something along the lines of how when he would meet a guy for the first time, or when he was talking to a guy, sometimes he would have difficulty turning off the "is this guy potential dating material" and he asked if I had the same issue with talking to men. Since there were quite a few people in the room, I simply said, well, I can tell you more about it in the other room. So, we refilled his drink (a rum and coke because he is allergic to wheat, which = no beer) and went to the family room, that was all but empty besides a leftover Christmas tree.

We sit down and I'm like, so, I like girls, and pretty much no one knows... so we start taking about being gay and such, and he has some interesting insight. He's one of the few gay people I know who believes that it's a choice. I wanted to question him more on the topic, but my friend Elly walked in and I didn't want to seem too curious about gay ness when she was in there. It was really nice talking to him, even tho I was drunk at the time.

He left for New York today as he just was in Arizona for a week with Sean. This semester he's going to do a study abroad in Amsterdam, so it's not like I'll be seeing much of him this semester. Hopefully he'll come with Sean in May/June.

Anywho, it's always nice coming out to a fellow gay. No judgment from that direction. I do hope I see him again, as he is a really cool person.

2. Jim1454

That's cool. But he thinks it's a choice?!? And he himself is gay? Odd.

But it IS great to have other gay people in your life so you can talk to them about stuff. I know it really helped me to find someone to talk to who I could relate to.