1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came Out to a Co-Worker Before Christmas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by mmilam75, Dec 29, 2009.

1. mmilam75

Hey, All:

So, I took a bit of time off between Christmas last week and now. I was having a conversation with someone at work, and she asked if I was dating anyone, and she suggested I go out with a friend of hers, and suggested we'd hit it off. I started talking about the last relationship I had, and in the course of a normal lunchtime conversation, I told her that I was gay. It was significant because it was very casual, very little drama. Some of you know I was concerned about coming out at work...it was not only a really important thing for me personally, but to have it really be no big deal...well, it was awesome on a number of different levels :slight_smile:

Just thought I'd share that :slight_smile:

2. Andromeda

Andromeda Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! That's awesome that you could tell your co-worker! Glad it went so well for you. :slight_smile:

4. revolutionrock

Very nice! That is a good way to do it - super casually. Sometimes it's nice to not get any kind of reaction. :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

5. Filip

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, and thanks for sharing! It's always nice to be able to come out in a casual way!

It does give me hope for coming out at work, sometime early next year. I'm hoping to keep it pretty casual as well...

6. mmilam75

Thanks all :slight_smile: I think what I liked most about this was not only how nonchalant the reaction was, but also how increasingly comfortable I am with myself. The fact that I was able to bring it up very casually was also something that caught me offguard, although in a very good way.