1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I sort of came out last night to a friend...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by flymetothemoon, Dec 30, 2009.

1. flymetothemoon

So I think I sort of came out to a friend of mine last night with the help of my girlfriend who is out already...she has it on her facebook status that she is in a relationship, but there is no name there because people don't know that I'm bi or poly, and I'm in a relationship with someone else too(people do know about him), and one of our friends asked her who she was dating...she asked if it was okay to tell her or not, and I told her to go ahead and say, and then I talked to the friend about it. I didn't actually say the words I'm bisexual, but I'm pretty sure all in one it came out that I'm bi and poly since she now knows I'm dating a guy and a girl and she asked how that is possible so I had to explain the poly thing to her too...it seemed to go pretty well, but this was over facebook chat so I guess I will see how things go when we are in person next time to know for sure if things are okay...

2. Prccgeek

That is great! I've sort of come out to people like that before too. It sounds like it went well. I think that it is nice because then coming out isn't this big dramatic thing. It is just a past of who you are among a lot of other things.