1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In person or in a txt.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Justindee13, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Justindee13

Should i come out to my brother in a txt message or in person.
    He is 30 im 15
    In person:
    he has threaten to beat me up or kick my ass if i was gay, etc.

Txt message:
    i wouldnt have to put my life in danger whether he was serious about hurting me or not.

I dont see him much once every couple of months but imm not sure because when i see him he is usually drunk and the reason i am coming out to him cause im so sick of him making comments about me and girls whether its sex or dates.
    My mom and dad are divorced and they dont accept me much so dont bring them up

TXT or in person?????:bang::bang:

2. Zume

Most siblings will say that even though they don't mean it.. but as to your comment of him being typically drunk whenever you see him you may want to text him first..if all goes well through texts it may help to break the ice a bit and he will be able to work through some issues without you having to worry about your personal safety. Only do it though if you feel you may be better off by doing so :slight_smile:

3. LostandFound

LostandFound Guest

What if you came out in a public place, like outside or in a restaurant or a coffee shop? That way, he can't use violence and you can gauge what his thoughts are in a safe environment. If you do it in person, like you said, there may be violence. If you do it over text you may not get a response right away and it may just prolong the violence to the first time you see him. In a public place you'll be able to figure out whether or not you need to avoid your brother in the future or whether he'll be okay with it.

4. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why are you starting another thread about the exact same thing? I said it once and I'll say it again I suppose, Dont come out to him in person if you think he will actually follow through with his threats to hurt you. If he is that important to you then go ahead and tell him but it sounds like he doesnt deserve to know anyways... you dont need this to end in you getting hurt. If you dont want your brother to talk about girls and sex around you, tell him that, you dont necessarily need to say you're gay. Just say you dont feel comfortable talking to him about those things. And if he's drunk all the time, just avoid him, he sounds like bad news... He's one of those people that can hear it through the grape vine.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Given what you have just written in your post, you want to come out to him because of....?

Justin, if you are not sure how he will react, I think it would be better if you would wait with coming out to him either in person or over text.

6. Justindee13

i want to come out to him becuase im sick of hearing get a date get a girl, go get fucken laid, etc, etc. im done with it and when im around him all i hear is gay or homo jokes. im very done with it all.