1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fearless in 2010?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xander391, Jan 4, 2010.

1. xander391

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ok, so i came out to my best friend a couple months ago before school started, im a junior in HS, anyway it took me forever to tell her but i was determined to do it before school started. i ended up telling her over IM and it went really well we met up later we hugged(*hug*), she was super excited to have someone so close that we knew we could talk about anything. when i came out i asked if she sorta had an idea bout what i was gonna say and she figured a while back that i was gay so it was no big shock to her. our friendship has strengthend so much since then to the point where shes like overprotective, shes afraid ppl will foind out in our school, we live in nw PA and the people around here are pretty closes minded save a few, in the past before when i was on the verge of coming out to my self people would call me gay, which really upset me like back in 7th and 8th grade, but now i dont care nor do they really ask me to my face. they will always ask my bff ,J, and she so good about tht kind of stuff that i love her for it. recently she says iv'e become really comfortable with myself which i have but she afrad people r going to find out im gay. Last year i would have been socially mortified for people to know but something has changed in 2010. its lik i want people to know and by wanting people to know i assume it will be no bith thing, but J, has to keep reminding me of the amount of bigots in our school, one of my close friends is catholic and shes always making derogatory statements about gay people and J and i get really upset becuz i know if i i did come out alot of my "friends" probably couldn't deal because of their religion and upbringing, which i dont blame them for. back to my point. i feel like people in my grade already know from growing up together that im gay, but they wont treat me any differently until its said officially. has anyone else felt this or had a similar experience? btw this is my first thread! yay me :eusa_danc
    give me ur thoughts on my experience and a little helpful advice! thanks ECers

2. Colton

Well, from fourth grade on, I've alway had people saying "Your gay," "Are you gay," "Hey shut up faggot,"...stuff like that. At school, and by my brother. And I almost came out to my friend. She is really nice, and I know she would be really supportive about all of this. Though, as compelled as I was to tell her, I just couldn't. I guess I'm just not ready, or too scared, or both.
    So I am experiencing some of what of you have experienced.