1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out on facebook

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by iliveinusa, Jan 8, 2010.

1. iliveinusa

So, I just came out to two people on facebook. I came out to some of my close friends in Taiwan before I immigrated to the United States, it was a couple years ago and we kept in touch on and off, but we have not contacted with each other for quiet a while (I now live in LA because of my dad's work). So this is the first time I came out to my American friends. I decide to tell them because I am recently having crush on a guy and a girl (I don't really know which one I like better), and that makes me really confused. And because they are my Chicago friends, even though if they don't agree with me, it won't affect my life that much.
    When the first one told me that he just broke up with his girlfriend, I said that I
    have a crush on a girl and a guy. I didn't know if he was surprised or not because you can't really tell when you are chatting with someone on the internet. He wasn't really supportive (he changed the subject right after), but I guess it wasn't so bad anyway.
    The second one was a lot worse compare to the first one. He kept telling me to date the girl and give up the guy. I told him I would like to if I can, but it's just impossible to stop thinking about him. Then he said that to love girls is much more fun and two guys together is considered unnatural and it's gross. He was getting upset about me, so I eventually told him to pretend I've never told him before.
    I don't think I will talk to the second guy in a while, our friendship kinda ends for
    now. It didn't seen to be as good as other people's stories, I regret on telling them and it
    makes me feel bad.:confused::icon_sad::confused:

2. Dewey

Don't feel bad. They are not your friends if they don't take time to think about your feelings over societies. Or, maybe they just need some time to think.

3. Zume

You really shouldn't feel bad about it..like many other people..they are affected by their parent's point of view or those around them so those who grow up in a homophobic society have very narrow views..it may take them a while to realize the importance of this to you but don't give up on them..one day it's them who will regret this experience and their reactions to it. It gets better and easier after a while (*hug*)

4. Jim1454

Good or bad, at least you've gotten it overwith. Congrats!