1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I came out... I think

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Connor22, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Connor22

So I have this friend, I'll call him G, and G has been a bit of a dick before Christmas by being totally homophobic against me, I hadn't come out to him but he was just like that for some reason, but recently he had been getting worse, like REALLY bad and he was talking to me at lunch and well here's what happened, as best as I remember:

Me: when I'm fighting with my dad he usually picks me up and sets me on the sofa
    G: Gay
    Me: oi are you calling my dad gay?
    G: no
    Me: don't call my dad gay!
    G: I wasn't calling you're dad gay I was calling you queer!
    Me: You say that like it's a bad thing!
    G: does this mean you're admitting it?
    Me: Hell Yes
    G: what?
    Me: Yes I am!
    G: LOL (he actually said that not he was laughing)
    J (another friend butting in): what happened what are you talking about?
    G: Connor's queer as folk!
    followed by much nervous laughter from me and real laughter from G and J

That would be fine but I think he's completly forgotten about it because G is NEVER shy when it comes to annoying me, but on the (over)crowded bus, an hour and a half later, he was fine again and not being a dick, just the normal guy I had become friends with in the first place. So now I'm afraid I'm gonna have to do that ALL over again.:help:

2. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Way to stand up, Connor! Let the hiding and denial end. Congrats./matt

3. Sicsemper79

First of all, good for you for standing up for yourself!!! Feels good doesn't it? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Secondly, I assure you he didn't just forget about it. I imagine you knocked him for a bit of a loop. It is one think to screw around with someone and try to make fun of people, its another thing to be a complete dick and a homophobe. It sounds to me like he doesn't want to be a complete dick and a homophobe. You are confident in who you are and its not all that fun to screw with you over it.

At the same time, I would prepare yourself for the news spreading a bit. Just keep your chin up and be who your are. There is nothing wrong with it. Congrats! :eusa_danc

4. gaz83

gaz83 Guest

maybe he only acted like a total dick to seem like a hard man? and when you told him that you were gay he maybe thinks it aint a good idea to keep saying things incase it annoyed you.

5. seadog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great point. Its easy to boast of putting others down until someone we care about puts a face on the object of our "judgments." I belive that if every family had a gay son or daughter in it, and if each of those were out, the whole world would be accepting and much less judgmental about sexual minorities in general and homosexuality in particular.

6. cpt doodles

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    yep thats pretty much how it felt (cept the hard man bit, im a pussy if ever there was one), but i realised what a dick of a friend i'd been :bang: but i wised up. and i havent said anythin since then, and we're closer, better friends than ever now! =] congrats n all that stuff connor =]

7. zzzero

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe this was his plan all along... Annoy you about it enough that you finally just admit it lol.
    I could see that happening with some people lol

8. Zume

That happened with me too..actually it seems like a flashback..deja vu... not in one conversation but still...