1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So instead of taking notes in sci, I typed+sent my uncle a coming out letter. Wat.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by notquitebutch, Jan 14, 2010.

1. notquitebutch

Yeeah well, you know. Gotta love ipod touches, wifi access in school, and teachers who don't care when you're surfing the web in class!

In all seriousness, though, I came out to my first family member today. I've wanted to tell me uncle for a while (old thread here, so i guess this is kind of an update) , but the past few weeks have just been torture. It's been the only ting on my mind, and today, I just kind of... snapped I guess. It didn't even cross my mind that I'd be telling him today when I got out of bed, that's how impulsive this was :B

Last night I had to write a sonnet for English, and mine ended up being about how much it sucks to have to hide who you are when you're gay. I think that helped push me to do this, too, because after I read it, I was just like "...no. This needs to stop. I'm telling him next time I see him."

Obviously, i couldn't wait that long. Just for more of a therapy thing than an actual letter, I started writing a coming out letter to my Uncle during 1st period. After I wrote it, I read it over a -lot- of times in second period and decided that hey, this is actually perfect. I should just send it. I typed it on my ipod in science class (3rd period) while we took notes. I was shaking the whole time, so I'm surprised no one noticed. Lol.

Not the most formal of letters, but hey. It works.

Before I did it, I tweeted about it just to make sure :B Two people were like, OMG DO IT so I just... impulsed and did it. I almost had a heart attack afterward, but I had to go to fitness (pr 4) so I couldn't check my ipod. Longest 45 minutes of. my. life.

I have lunch after fitness, so I figured that would be a good time to check. I got this back:

Needless to say I got emotional, ran to the bathroom and cried happy tears before going back to lunch :'D

I can't even describe this feeling. This is the closest I can get:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tw9w5W7sas

So, yeah, that's it! I need to think up a good response to his message, because it really means so much to me. Ahhhh.

2. Connor22

Re: So instead of taking notes in sci, I typed+sent my uncle a coming out letter. Wat

WELL DONE and that movie is so funny, that's a good letter, really gets the message across and hey reading it I don't think anyone could get angry or reject you. Gotta love ipod touches

3. Zumbro

Re: So instead of taking notes in sci, I typed+sent my uncle a coming out letter. Wat

I love it. The letter felt very natural and even fun to me, and I don't think there's any way you could have made it better. You have an awesome uncle too :slight_smile:

4. notquitebutch

Lol thank you both!

Yeah, I usually try to make things sound that way, since that's how I speak :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Makes it more personal, I guess. And it's a serious topic, so I needed to make it a LITTLE fun so it wasn't so depressing ahah