1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out...sort of ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by xxDavidxx, Jan 14, 2010.

1. xxDavidxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    I was texting my friend on nite, and i told her i was bi-curious. I think i've always realized it but didn't understand it. I see a guy at my school and i have fantasies sometimes about being with him. I'm afriad to come out to eveyone tho because i don't want to be made fun of. I'm 16 and i need some advice on this. I'm straight but i am extreamly curious, how can i get a guy who is curious like me ? there are a few but i think they are straight...idk what to do....i'm like so confused about this.:icon_sad:

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, David, and welcome to EC!

The feelings you're having -- and the fears associated with them -- are a normal part of the process of exploring your sexuality and considering that you might not be completely straight.

The first thing is, there's no rush and no timetable you need to adhere to. You can take as much or as little time as you want to think about and explore and figure out where you are as far as your sexual preference.

The second thing is, you can explore your feelings without necessarily hooking up with another guy. Part of that is just thinking about it... thinking about what sort of people you're attracted to, what you think about when you masturbate, who turns your head when you're walking down the street, and all that sort of stuff. Then, once you have a clearer idea of what your feelings are, you can think about, if you decide you do have an attraction to guys, how you might approach being with one and experimenting a bit. But that should come later, after you have a little clearer idea about yourself.

Take your time, read a bit about some of the experiences that others here have had. You'll find a ton of people just like you, with the same feelings and concerns. You can talk about almost anything here and ask just about anything, so please do so!